Alix Perez - 1985

Next up is another Folio release...I'm sure all you will hate it as much as I will love it

1985 Music
19 hrs ·
We have assembled another group of incredible artists for our next VA EP in our 'Folio' Series // Featuring Alix Perez, Hyroglifics, Lavance, Tom Scepticz, SubMarine, Visages // Forthcoming on vinyl and digi // Out Friday on Beatport, and everywhere else on 23/08/2019
Looking forward to hearing what Hyroglifics has to offer.
Looking forward to hearing some audio.

Looking forward to looking forward to.

LOVE the Perez tune (of course)
Grudge is underwhelming (haven't really liked any Submarine tunes so far)
Flatline might as well be a Cocooned remix
Searching is nice

2/4 for me, which is a shame - but the 2 tunes I like are enough to bag this

LOVE the Perez tune (of course)
Grudge is underwhelming (haven't really liked any Submarine tunes so far)
Flatline might as well be a Cocooned remix
Searching is nice

2/4 for me, which is a shame - but the 2 tunes I like are enough to bag this

Funny your saying that about Flatline when same could be said about Searching which sounds like any other Halogenix track. And it's not the first time. Perez also sounds like any other Perez roller. horses for courses I guess.

Perez also sounds like any other Perez roller

Yeah it is, & so it should be. There's really no one producing out there at the mo that does it quite like him. Yeah there's some that come close, but no one is getting quite the same vibe with that perfect blend of weight in the tune & the just the right amount of soul. IMO, his deep soulful rollers are the some of the best music in dnb right now.

This tune is pure genius imo

Funny your saying that about Flatline when same could be said about Searching which sounds like any other Halogenix track. And it's not the first time. Perez also sounds like any other Perez roller. horses for courses I guess.
did you just imply that Halogenix's tracks all sound the same? 😂

yeah, Alix's moody rollers can be quite similar, but they're so subtle and DJ'able that I hope he keeps making them like that forever. If it wasn't for half of his tunes coming out on 33 I'd play way more too (I seem to play Losing You and Recall And Reflect every set haha)

did you just imply that Halogenix's tracks all sound the same? 😂

yeah, Alix's moody rollers can be quite similar, but they're so subtle and DJ'able that I hope he keeps making them like that forever. If it wasn't for half of his tunes coming out on 33 I'd play way more too (I seem to play Losing You and Recall And Reflect every set haha)

Yeah the tunes being at 33 RPM isn't ideal. I'm starting to get used to it now, but I scrapped the Ortofon carts and got a pair of Shures, as they're a lot louder.

Let me rephrase, Hyroglificis (sometimes) has been nicking Halogenix's sound. Halogenix has been branching out since then.

Hyrogliphics has lost what makes him unique when he makes tunes like this. Stay true to ya roots with tunes like No Drama / Cloud Cover / Bay City Ballers Club and his Cash Grab EP. He even had a release on Diffrent! His stuff like this one is too bland and copy catty

Hyrogliphics has lost what makes him unique when he makes tunes like this. Stay true to ya roots with tunes like No Drama / Cloud Cover / Bay City Ballers Club and his Cash Grab EP. He even had a release on Diffrent! His stuff like this one is too bland and copy catty

This. Guy is clearly talented, no question. But I'd rather hear his original content.

Back
Top Bottom