Alix Perez - 1985

I was just going over the album last night - I think I like it more than no.1 personally! I just wish they put all the halftime/160 tunes on one side and the D&B on the other of each plate...I don't play much 160 so now I have a whole plate of the album not being used, which kinda sucks for the $$. BTW @Watcha - how can you not like liquid???

It's not that I don't like liquid, it's that it doesn't do much for me. It's well produced but it doesn't grab me enough to part with my cash for. Take Calibre for example. He's an amazing producer and a great craftsman for what he produces, but I'm not rushing out to buy his albums or to raves he's playing at. It's like Sunday morning DnB for me. But that's not to mention that he's made some quality music that isn't exactly "liquid" such as Fire and Water, Step Toe, Start Again, Strumpet and Mr Maverick

Next up is Broken Home EP from Dogger, Mindstate and Liam Bailey. Only heard of the latter from working with Chase and Status

1985 with the unrelenting release schedule. Some 140 from Alix:

1985 with the unrelenting release schedule. Some 140 from Alix:

1985 press a 2x12"...And (even though it's sick)....It's goddam dubstep lol

Been waiting on this for a while, now just a bit longer till around 7th June

ONEF-017-Front-Mockup.jpg

Fracture - Unite EP
  1. Give Me Love ft. Fox
  2. Feel 4 U
  3. Realise ft. Alix Perez
  4. Brothers and Sisters

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this Fracture one. I like the tune ft. Fox which I think is the only available to hear right now. But it's just a bit weird after all the amazing deep soulful stuff to throw in some jungle. Maybe the other 3 tunes are deep rollers...

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this Fracture one. I like the tune ft. Fox which I think is the only available to hear right now. But it's just a bit weird after all the amazing deep soulful stuff to throw in some jungle. Maybe the other 3 tunes are deep rollers...

Same here. From the previews from snippets before today I was looking forward to it. I think it will take a fair few more listens as a whole, but individually, Realise is a beast. All audio in the pink ->

Same here. From the previews from snippets before today I was looking forward to it. I think it will take a fair few more listens as a whole, but individually, Realise is a beast. All audio in the pink ->

Thanks man! Yeah it is a great EP by the sound of those clips, & as I thought it does somewhat hark back to the 1985 sound on the other tunes

I can't keep up importing all these Monty releases. Honestly my favourite DnB artist last two years. The synergy with Benabu is amazing as well. They're really carrying this 1985 vibe.

Last edited:
1985 Music
6 hrs ·
Our next release is the 'Hello' EP from Monty // Tune in tomorrow to hear the first track, and for vinyl & digi pre-sales // Out on 5th July 2019
Image may contain: indoor

The amount of quality he's churning out you would have thought an LP would be on the cards soon....

Audio juice...

The amount of quality he's churning out you would have thought an LP would be on the cards soon....

Audio juice...

just saw the samples were up...awesome tunes, maybe my favourite EP by him so far!! so much funk and variation - Hello is awesome, Benabu is funky AF, and the 2 smooth rollers (limbo and intoxication) are sounding great too. The man is on fire!!

Monty’s tracks always sound too busy and over-produced to me. Also not sure if his tracks are a bit faster bpm-wise than most other stuff but they always sound that way to me.

Monty’s tracks always sound too busy and over-produced to me. Also not sure if his tracks are a bit faster bpm-wise than most other stuff but they always sound that way to me.

He has produced some gems, but this is the weakest 1985 EP he's put out, personally, like a step in the wrong direction.

I have the other 3, but haven't played them much (for some reason) so they still sound fresh. His last EP was simplicity done with effectiveness, with some hurters on the tunes I rated.

Now the A and C sides on this sound over produced and the funky bass wobbles that he seems renowned for don't seem to have any thought as to where they're placed. Almost similarities to some people when they are first getting into producing and putting blocks of instruments in willy nilly on fruity loops, which is a shame as I was looking forward to seeing what this EP had to offer :-/

Back
Top Bottom