Alix Perez - 1985

Word has it that there's a Fracture tune forthcoming on the label...... a solo EP, maybe Folio part 2 or Edition 2?

Looking forward to it!

my records just arrived for the album...and now I see Beatport has all the clips up!
https://www.beatport.com/release/edition-2/2524055

I'm still not completely sold on this LP if I'm honest. Not a scratch on Edition 1 and considering the names involved, I was hoping for more

Indigo - great
Trips - great
Drones - okay, but a 160 bpm tune
Kicking Wolf - okay, but a bit over toney
Trouble - great
Poison Ivy - great
IWY - okay if you like liquid
Over You - okay if you like liquid
Good To Me - okay, but expected more from that collab
Swayed - pretty good
Decisions - pretty good
Simplicity - fair play to Alix for dedicating this to the late Razat, but I don't get the hype around this tune. From the sound of things, he'd heard a fair few of his tunes, and this is the best of the bunch to put on the compilation? The bass in it is awful

So about half that are grabbing me, which is usually enough for me to pick it up, but I can't part with £27 for 6 tunes i like

Oh well. Looking forward to that possible Fracture EP on the label

I'm still not completely sold on this LP if I'm honest. Not a scratch on Edition 1 and considering the names involved, I was hoping for more

Indigo - great
Trips - great
Drones - okay, but a 160 bpm tune
Kicking Wolf - okay, but a bit over toney
Trouble - great
Poison Ivy - great
IWY - okay if you like liquid
Over You - okay if you like liquid
Good To Me - okay, but expected more from that collab
Swayed - pretty good
Decisions - pretty good
Simplicity - fair play to Alix for dedicating this to the late Razat, but I don't get the hype around this tune. From the sound of things, he'd heard a fair few of his tunes, and this is the best of the bunch to put on the compilation? The bass in it is awful

So about half that are grabbing me, which is usually enough for me to pick it up, but I can't part with £27 for 6 tunes i like

Oh well. Looking forward to that possible Fracture EP on the label
I was just going over the album last night - I think I like it more than no.1 personally! I just wish they put all the halftime/160 tunes on one side and the D&B on the other of each plate...I don't play much 160 so now I have a whole plate of the album not being used, which kinda sucks for the $$. BTW @Watcha - how can you not like liquid???

Back
Top Bottom