Alix perez - 1984 LP Info

DjTiesticles

VIP Junglist
http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?threadid=644237&mode=article

We've been chomping at the bit for info on Alix Perez' debut LP, 1984, since Friction dropped the dime on the early info last year. It looks like in a little over a month's time, we'll have what's sure to be one of the most talked-about albums in 2009 in the shops, and we figured we'd give you eager Dogs the full scoop!

3359_2.jpg

Alix Perez 1984

release date: 12th October 2009

CD version [SHACD003]:

1. 1984
2. The Cut Deepens (ft. Foreign Beggars)
3. Fade Away
4. Voices
5. Portraits Of The Unknown (Interlude)
6. Forsaken (ft. Peven Everett & Spectrasoul)
7. Intersections (ft. Ursula Rucker)
8. I'm Free
9. Calm Of Cast (ft. Yungun)
10. Suffer In Silence (ft. Zero T)
11. Contradictions
12. No Grudge (ft. The Truth and Lynx)
13. Hemlines (ft. Sabre)

Vinyl version [SHA31] (3xLP)

1. The Cut Deepens (ft. Foreign Beggars)
2. Fade Away
3. Forsaken (ft. Peven Everett & Spectrasoul)
4. State 808
5. Contradictions
6. Myriads

Limited edition 10" [SHA029]

1. 1984
2. Suffer In Silence (ft. Zero T)

While we don't have audio on this yet (soon come), we're told that this album definitely explores all facets of Alix' production, taking us from 140BPM downbeat ("1984") textures to cuts that combines the spoken word (featuring the mighty Ursula Rucker, Yungun and the Foreign Beggars), to the sounds that hooked you on Alix in the first place ("Contradictions"). "I'm Free", which dropped on Shogun Audio earlier this year as a teaser, has already gottenr ave reviews, and is included on the CD version. It's great to see that the vinyl pack features four tracks that aren't on the CD version - one will truly have to grab both versions to understand how Alix has grown during his 25 years on this planet (understand the title now?)... watch this space for an interview with Alix himself, where we'll try and dig deeper into the album. Until then - salivate!

Alix will also be embarking on a UK/Europe tour this fall, starting in September. Here are the dates we've seen, so far:

18/09: Bongo Club - Edinburgh
25/09: Stealth - Nottingham
02/10: The Office - Truro
03/10: Kiff – Aurau, Switzerland
08/10: Soul Cellar - Southampton
09/10: Fabric - London
10/10: Icon - Berlin, Germany
14/10: Audio - Brighton
23/10: Democrazy – Ghent, Belgium
06/11: Motion - Bristol
10/11: Tuesday Club - Sheffield
21/11: White Rabbit - Plymouth
27/11: Take Control – Prague, Czech Republic
05/12: West Indian Centre - Leeds
18/12: Bar Mango – Reading
More tbc

Thanks to the author of the article on DogsonAcid for the information

Can't wait for this

this is getting instabagged

WORD this looks awsome really interested to hear the tunes with foreign beggars and yungun.. i thought yungun gave up hip-hop and became a lawyer?! maybe that was just jibba jabba on the wire who knows, still he's the baddest man every to come out of eton hhahaha

This is all too much...

Definetly waiting for art work for this one. Got far too many Shogun promos!! Plus it's an album, only way to do it. Can't wait for this.

This is all too much...

Definetly waiting for art work for this one. Got far too many Shogun promos!! Plus it's an album, only way to do it. Can't wait for this.

my thoughts exactly i dont mind white labels when there for 12's or ep but an album has to have the artwork, i waited so long for the full release of travel the galaxy but it was well worth it

Solid tracklist. Would have preferred 1984 to be on the LP but whatever. Standard bagging business :love:

Back
Top Bottom