Aligning things,

msmith222

redbeard
VIP Junglist
can only listen on my laptop speakers at work right now, but...

one thing that i have recently learned is the importance of compression on the whole track. it only needs to be a little (or maybe not, depends on the track), but a compressor on the main output can really "glue" a track together. i actually learned this by putting my drums through a separate bus and compressing them. it was a real eureka moment, because even though i had good drum sounds, i didn't realize how separated they sounded until i grouped them under one compressor. all of the sudden they sounded like one drum kit! so maybe this concept can help you...

djdevz

VIP Junglist
i use lots of automation... low cut freq/high cut freq volume and any modulation....along with uplifters, kicks and snares,

they all add up to bring all the energy towards ur drop.

can only listen on my laptop speakers at work right now, but...

one thing that i have recently learned is the importance of compression on the whole track. it only needs to be a little (or maybe not, depends on the track), but a compressor on the main output can really "glue" a track together. i actually learned this by putting my drums through a separate bus and compressing them. it was a real eureka moment, because even though i had good drum sounds, i didn't realize how separated they sounded until i grouped them under one compressor. all of the sudden they sounded like one drum kit! so maybe this concept can help you...
I've got a multiband compressor on my master, maybe i should tweak it more then?