Alien girl mash-up

Twiddles- eh, as long as I'm busting the technique I couldn't give two shits, nah mean?

True, and to be able to vary the rythym and the speed is a pain in the ass. I mean, it's simple to do just the plain old lazers, but to be able to incorporate them into a pattern is some skilled shit indeed. You know what's a fun one to try? Execute an Uzi into a lazer back into an uzi and right back to the lazer, only each time, vary the rythym of the uzis and the speed of the lazers. It takes a bit to get down, but it sownds cool whe you go off into open fader madness.
Theres this one open fasder techinque I do that I think I'll share (I'll post audio when I can ;)):
When using the the "ahhh" sample, do a couple lazers, and make sure the second lazer makes the record move forward. As soon as you let the lazer go, pat the record 4-6 times as it fades, making it wobble, kinda making your fingers pull it back, but letting it move farther forward than backward when you let go of it(it should make an orbit-like sound fading out). Then do the exact opposite when you can barely hear the sample so it fades back in, and the bust right back into some more open fader techniques (I prefer uziz, then I stat transformers and so on...). It's good to turn the low EQ down so you hear no thumps, but you prolly already knew that ;)

EZ
-Paul

I also hate when there is too much high end in a scratch, overpowering the rest of the music. Proper EQ is essential in all aspects of DJIng, and yet there are still people who just don't get it. :)
As for the battle, sure m8- I should have my recording shit sorted here soon as well ;)

Originally posted by Psy Klone
I also hate when there is too much high end in a scratch, overpowering the rest of the music. Proper EQ is essential in all aspects of DJIng, and yet there are still people who just don't get it. :)
As for the battle, sure m8- I should have my recording shit sorted here soon as well ;)
The time has come!!!!!!:chainsaw:

thats one dirty bump stu!

got similar routines with planetdust, hard noise and twist em out as well.

had my vestax samurai 07 for a while now and the techniques used here sound alot lot sharper now. Am doing this sort of stuff out live now, try n keep it to one session per set ;)

might re-do this kinda 2 years down the line sort of thing when i find a few mins

sdm said:
Im 100% with Mulla on that!

When I went to homelands in 2001(?), DJ Craze was on, when he got a reload on a choon, he would make some crazy Hip Hop beats with the kick and snare from the DNB choon. He did that for like 30 seconds then played the choon as normal.

Thats how it should be done at club/rave level IMO.

DJ craze is nuts. Got some tape from accelerated culture from many moons ago. he does this thing with champion sound rmx and warhead. all this crzy scratching shizzle. blew me away.
Big ups to the klusta for this crazy piece of music. Fair play 2 ya for being able to perform this technique!. I'm shite at scratching, i concentrate more on my double drops.

Absolutely blindin mate, I`m sure I`ve posted in this thread twice before but my posts keep dissapearing.

Just wanna show my appreciation for this bit of turntable wizardery, big up!

Thats heavy man! i can definatley appreciate this aspect of turntablism, it show a shit load of technique and versitlity with the dex. I just think its more of a live, visual thing to watch, which is why it hasnt progressed in mainstream dance music.\But big up mate! keep em comin!

Back
Top Bottom