Alien girl mash-up

klusta

Pulsar
VIP Junglist
Been experimenting with a few little techniques and I thought I'd post um up a let people have a listen. I know many people won't like the sound of it but whatever ya think let us know.

Contains juggling, scratching, phasing and off-beat mixing.

Power to the turntabilism :slayer:

Attachments

• klusta 2 x alien girl mash up.rm
    674.9 KB · Views: 1,056
cheers, still at an experimental phase caus buying doubles gets expensive!

posted this at doa and dnb arena and the impression I got from the amount of people that downloaded vs. the number that replied is that some people in the dnb scene either hate it or they're scared of turntabilism in general.

Its well done I think. :thumbsup: Turntablism is a very talented skill but it aint always my thing, if ya know what I mean. I can appreciate it and often I can really get into it but I couldnt handle a whole night of it or sit and listen to a whole CD!

Originally posted by Mulla
Its well done I think. :thumbsup: Turntablism is a very talented skill but it aint always my thing, if ya know what I mean. I can appreciate it and often I can really get into it but I couldnt handle a whole night of it or sit and listen to a whole CD!

Im 100% with Mulla on that!

When I went to homelands in 2001(?), DJ Craze was on, when he got a reload on a choon, he would make some crazy Hip Hop beats with the kick and snare from the DNB choon. He did that for like 30 seconds then played the choon as normal.

Thats how it should be done at club/rave level IMO.

There was a DJ Qbert set online, RM stylee, was 1hr or so of turntablism, mainly hip-hop/trip-hop with some mad samples and shit dropped over it, was bad for when yer chillin have a toke and that, but other than that, it grates me...

Originally posted by ZESTIE
2 minutes 9 seconds before the drop with the beats! WooooooooooaH

:2thumbs:

As I said you gotta do that beaty thing more often OK! I said so! I think it's proper heavy and you should have a drop of another tune after it. But would that be possible? Unless you have 4 hands?

:-/

:lol:

Originally posted by ZESTIE
As I said you gotta do that beaty thing more often OK! I said so! I think it's proper heavy and you should have a drop of another tune after it. But would that be possible? Unless you have 4 hands?

:-/

:lol:

*klusta with his 4 vestax*.....I'm sure it's possible

:pimp: 8)

Klusta-again my friend you have succeeded in producing a quality show of skillz. maybe one day we should organize an online battle thread where someone posts a thread with a choon and we all have a go at doing it better-it will be a new concept of battling!!! (maybe not new because there have already been live online battles elsewhere)

I've taken part in some online battles before, and they can be quite interesting. I have yet to win one (as I only have 2 years of turntablism on my belt), but they are fun to see where creativity is going in the skratch realm.

Originally posted by Psy Klone
I've taken part in some online battles before, and they can be quite interesting. I have yet to win one (as I only have 2 years of turntablism on my belt), but they are fun to see where creativity is going in the skratch realm.

What type of stuff you practicing at the mo dude?

I'm learning my 3 and 4 finger crabs (I can do those fast as shit 2 finger clicks/crabs like butta ;)), and I'm spending more time drumming with hip-hop and dnb breaks. As far as learning all the technical scratches goes, I work on alot of open fader techniques, trying to manipulate the sounds more with vibrations in my wrist and fingers, and using the fader sparsely. I can do those fast open fader uzi clicks and I'm learning my orbits, and have been trying to work in q-berts "lazer" technique, and make paterns out of it in order to come up with something fresh. I don't have any real routines down, or anything I could really battle with. I need to learn how to build them better before I'll be confident to take it next level, and even before that, I really have got to learn to juggle (I am piss poor man...)

EZ
-Paul

2 finger crabs called a twiddle but who cares. My 4 finger crabs are rapid man as soon as I post some tunes ull c!!!!!
Yeah, it took me a while to learn lazers-tricky to land the needle on the start of the sample so it sounds real tight aint it!

Back
Top Bottom