Alexi - One Step Down (Free Download) (Liquid)

bad link bro
here:

anyway pretty schweet track dude

LOVE the intro

in regards to the mix
IMO:
the bassline is too loud, sorta blocking out the drums
and those guitar licks are lush but they're too far back in the mix! bring the vol up (probs wouldn't need much as i suspect the b-line is taking up a fair amount of headroom)

that sort of atmospheric sax spread that occurs throughout could really do with some multiband stereo imaging. i'd give 15-20khz 90% stereo and work down in maybe 2-3khz bands to whatever the lowest freq is and have that maybe 10-20% spread. and then maybe compress it a lil if it's sounds thin after that (but so it still retains the harmonics)

maybe some subtle eq in the 15-20khz range on some bits to create some air (the break, sax and stuff)
maybe a touch of harmonic exciter

but what am i sayin, you're a good producer

one thing that kind of pissed me off was the use of that 'jungle' vox sample in the break. so overused man...

and some cool brass stabs here or there to jazz it up and add some sparkle would have been cool, but other than that im lovin the jazzy vibes bro

Last edited:
Cheers mate, the link didn't work 'cos I'd some how managed to get rid of one of the Ts in http.

Anyway thanks for the feedback.

I agree with what you say, and there's a lot I'd improve on it, but I lost the project file when my hard drive set on fire, so had to just go with the only bounce I had.

Wow man, great vibes on this one! Made me think of some of Break's work, which is a big thing to accomplish imo :) Love the deep bass and the percussion in the intro.
Sick sick sick work man, keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom