Alexi - New Day (Liquid/Dancefloor Track)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Alexi, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Alexi

Alexi Drench Audio

Recently went on a little dancefloor production spree, so here is the first of a couple to come.

Any feedback would be great, cheers!

2. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Wicked tune man. The riff works and the production sounds crisp.

Niiice.

3. djdevz

djdevz Member

yeh sweet track man...really loving the quality of the guitar, but if im gonna be really picky :p :

the high staccato synth thats used in the intro and the bridge is slightly too loud..i think u can drop it by a fraction and even raise the guitar volume for those sections if u want.

the vocal just before the drops isnt clear enough for me, and not sure about the effects uve used on it, maybe make it a lil cleaner

i think ur sub is hitting too high freqs, or maybe u need to layer a much lower sub on top with some low pass filter, plus it would increase the impact of your track when it drops.

nice mix down apart from that though, drums are sounding nice and tight, good production overall...i really like the guitar as ive said already...is it a sample or did u play it?
    everything ive said is imo ofc... :D

4. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

feeling this m8, good work, don't have my sub on but from what i can hear i'd agree with what devz said about the impact of the drop, it doesnt wanna be sudden but could be heavier!

5. Alexi

Alexi Drench Audio

cheers, agreed with everything said

there's a fair few things I wanted to change about the track, but lost the project file, so just had to settle with this version

6. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

the guitars and synth are nice and clean imo, not such a fan of this type of tune but its pretty solid production to be fair!