Alexi - Minimix - April 2010

Alexi

Drench Audio
VIP Junglist
Tried to do a similar thing to the minimixs on radio one, five minutes, play a lot of different style tunes to a normal set, with music your influenced by etc.

So let me know what you think:

http://soundcloud.com/alexi/minimix/download

Bit rate: 320kbps
Running Time: 5:00
Format: Vinyl/CD/MP3

TRACKLISTING:

Commix - Be True
J Dilla - Waves
Data - The Causeway
Chali 2Na & Roots Manuva - Join The Dots
Cyantifc - Empty Streets
Danny Byrd & LK - Red Mist
Break - All Around
Foreign Beggars & Skinnyman - Hold On
Cypress Hill - Hand On The Pump
Logistics - Jungle Music
King Tubby - Rastafari Dub
Rage Against The Machine - Maria
DJ Shadow - Building Steam With A Grain Of Salt
Alix Perez - Stray
The Prodigy - Out Of Space
Massive Attack - Teardrop
Alexi - Real World
Netsky - I Refuse
Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood
Spor - Silver Spaceman
Alexi - Chemical Ambience VIP
DJ Fresh & MC Darrison - All That Jazz
Freestylers & Pendulum - Painkiller (Noisia Remix)
Sub Focus - Swamp Thing

Last edited:
one of the BEST mini mixes iv heard by far, quite funny as iv been tryin to mix 'teardrops' and 'clint eastwood' alot myself recentey
wen it ended i was gutted! wot did u use to make the mix if u dnt mind me asking? think i heard ur tune inthere too which sounded good, ne mp3 on that?

one of the BEST mini mixes iv heard by far, quite funny as iv been tryin to mix 'teardrops' and 'clint eastwood' alot myself recentey
wen it ended i was gutted! wot did u use to make the mix if u dnt mind me asking? think i heard ur tune inthere too which sounded good, ne mp3 on that?

glad you liked it mate,

used loadsa different stuff to make it, most of the dnb is from vinyl, just pitched like normal mixing
stuff like massive attack and dj shadow was from a cd, just pitched to 90bpm, to mix with the 180bpm dnb
it was all tidied up and put together using ableton, the warp feature doesn't work well for dnb, so I just recorded live tracks through my turntables.
it was just a matter of layering the tracks, and then editing EQ and fades using automation

as for my own tunes, you can get Real World for free at http://soundcloud.com/Alexi

And the VIP of chemical ambience ain't ever going to reach the light of day, only used it for the human traffic sample

nice one

this is quality mate.. really original.. mixes where clean

only thing i'd say is that it distorts alot.. watch your levels =)

nice one mate (y)

Cheers mate, was monitoring on headphones through the mixer, rather than what was going into the interface, and once I realised couldn't be assed to rerecord

Back
Top Bottom