ALESIS M1 ACTIVE 620 or YAMAHA HS50M's?

Hi All

Be really careful to get involved with any product from Alesis. I don't work for any of these companies but run a studio and have been burned by Alesis repeatedly. These 620 monitors are made with very average power supplies and if you do a bit of searching you'll find that a number of people who bought them around the time they first came out have had problems with them.

My pair gave me nothing but trouble. Twice they wouldn't boot when I had clients waiting on a mixing session so I tried to get them fixed through the local rep. They did the first time but after the product was out of warranty, they told me that it was my fault and would not help. So in short, I have a pair of 620's that don't work and it will cost me almost what I paid for them to get the power supply fixed.

Buyer beware! I reverted back to Yamaha as they came with five year warranty and I know the reps
and they are way better in after sales. I also owned NS-10s and the HS series works better for my
mixes. I found the Alesis a bit too artificial in the top region. An alright sound but for monitors not ideal.

My advice is, everyone is different and so are your experiences but it is definately worth being aware
that Alesis are building with cheap electrical parts.

Back
Top Bottom