alain bertoni - the 7th sign (oc remix)

I don't know the original but that was good.
Sounded like the soundtrack to an early 90's movie.

original is used by a german television broadcaster while they show weather shots, its a modern piece of classic.

thanks a lot! glad you liked it!

wicked vibes mate, must be the most dramatic weather show in germany lol! feeling this man, like this most out of all iv heard from u, really great. big ups!

really nice mate, love the guitar licks...

wow the instruments are fuckin lush arent they!

wicked liquid feel... its funny coz you would prefer my kick and snare to be more punchy.. and thats all i would say to you aswell! i guess it comes down to our own ears and preference... sorry i missed this one earlier btw man!!

really nice laid back tune tho mate!! instruments and percussion on the break down are maad good

edit: oh and it also comes down to our monitors aswell hahaha

Last edited:
This is really pretty... soothing and dreamy for sure. I like it.

All of the non Perc elements sound great - big, full, and rich.
My favorite sound is the 'Atari' sounding lead (3:55-3:59)... mmmm, the brkdwn (4:20ish) is really Epic sounding. The guitar is very well done.

The Perc seems really distant in the mix though (listening on logitech comp speaks). The drums are well done but sound about 4 DB too quiet. Not sure what's going on there... :confused:

Fantastic sounding piece... I wish the drums were more prominent in the mix though, maybe it's these speaks I'm on.. ??.. who knows.

:beautiful track:

nice one guys ;) really appreciated!

and yeah, the instruments sound lush, thats why we bootlegged it in the first instance ;)

and for the percussion, dunno what you mean, maybe you mean the original perc that comes in in the breakdown. eqed that for hours, couldnt get it any better tbh ^^
and with the drums i tried to make them punchy and dominant, without taking any impact from the bass and instruments, as i wanted to keep it more liquidy, get what i mean?

thanks for your criticism anyways guys, big ups!

and for the percussion, dunno what you mean, maybe you mean the original perc that comes in in the breakdown. eqed that for hours, couldnt get it any better tbh ^^
and with the drums i tried to make them punchy and dominant, without taking any impact from the bass and instruments, as i wanted to keep it more liquidy, get what i mean?

I'm talking about your main drums... i.e., the ones that come in at 1:25. I'm listening to this on the headphones I do my feedback on. When I listened to this originally, it was on my GFs comp and her Logitech speaks.

Yeah, this isn't sounding good in my headphones I'm sorry to say. Honestly, it sounds like the track was squashed to bits... way too much Compression imo.

From 3:57 - 5:22, those drums sound fine, and the elements all sound nice and lush.

But during the main section where the Sub is hitting, your drums sound absolutely squashed and overall distant in the mix because your dynamics sound like they've been erased by the amount of Compression that was used when the track was Limited.... classic Compression Pumping.

The track sounds ok at a low volume, but when I turn it up loud, that's when the distortion and loss of clarity occur for me.... at higher volumes, it's more apparent that the dynamics of the track have been comprimised.

Considering how the Breakdowns sound really good, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there are two culprits at play here:

1. The Sub is around 1-2 DB too loud
2. The Limit needs to be less severe, Threshold needs to be less

If others are jamming it, and it sounds good on loud speakers, nevermind me. You wouldn't be the first Producer to squash the life out of something and people still enjoy it:D

As far as Production goes, this is a personal preference of mine.

penny
penny

thanks a lot for that in depth feedback, really appreciated! will try and test out if it really sounds better when i take away some limiting/compression. for me it did sound better with it (lol, otherwise i wouldnt have done it^^) but maybe youre right and i didnt turn it loud enough to hear that. and youre the first to say that aswell. ill have a look and ask some more people :D

but btw, i didnt get what you meant by
"As far as Production goes, this is a personal preference of mine."

Back
Top Bottom