al capone - thursday funk (something special, brought the 80s to drum n bass!)

some old senheiser cans and some whackass 20 quid sony hifi, this year ive booked ibiza, leeds fest and spent a grand on a mac so i didnt exactly budget for my monitors this year lmfao

MisterApe

8bit junkie
VIP Junglist
Well switching to mac is always good :D

I ditched windows in january and haven't looked back, would definitely suggest going for a budget monitor setup eventually though! Best decision i ever made tbh.

Phazyuk

Ooo yeah man that guitar is smooth! I reckon you brought it out a bit to suddenly though, try bringing it out with a hi or low pass filter.

The drop is distorting a little swell, might want to bring some levels down.
Overall good ideas though and Im really appreciating the experimentalness (if thats a word) of the track!

Would love it if you could take the time to give me some feed back on this http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/161621-Phazy-Ilya !

Cheers
-Phazy

yeah i hear you bro i was seriously thinking about LPing the guitar in but left it in the end! n yeah man the 'experimentalness' was definitely what i was aiming for haha happy u spotted that!!! thanks bro! n about the distortion i dno what happened may be something on the master channel thats causing that ill look into it

JimpaDirt

Vettvilling
VIP Junglist
Cool track, this is something different. That guitar is great and works really well! I think the mids of the bass are very rumbly and that ruins the track a bit imo as the other stuff are really cool.

But if I just look away from production I think this is nice man!

thanks man! yeah mids are a bit clunky thats why i low passed the main riff, went a bit overboard on chorus which made the levels abit uppety on the right and left channels, oh well!