AL CAPONE - THE SATAN SKANK (deep dark dnb, pushing genre boundaries)

alcaponeuk

went for a different feel on this one, i love jungle but never got round to producing a jungle tune that sounded right, so i threw in some jungle elements, along with some trance style chords that i usually put down and tried to make some nasty baselines, found a cool vocal that ive never really heard on any other dnb tunes so i thought it was different, lemme know what u think - im abit drunk right now so i dno how accurate my ears are so take a lsiten!

well i really like the ameny part in the intro and drums aswell :) i know this isnt exactly what you wanna hear but i dont see myself in the position to criticize the technical stuff as im just a beginner but i understand how you may feel alone in these parts of forum :D i posted a tune yesteday or so and had a little more traffic in my thread over the time but people still dont give as many feedback as i want xD (sry for my english...im trying im trying :D)

thanks man means alot!, and yeah i completely feel u bro, i think people feel obliged to not comment on stuff unless u comment theres first, i normally try comment everything in the thread but oh well haha, what else do u guys reckon?

well this makes me kinda sad to be honest :/ i know im not a member for too long but i always found here tips and tricks for my production and i learned a lot from people here and right now i think im in a position where i want to receive quality feedback and criticism from those guys who gave me those "lessons in production" on these forums just because i dont really have people around me who understands production or even this style of music (well they listen to dnb but they are more like these high volume bassheads... if it explaines anything) and that mean i really very much appreciate production wise feedback here but i dont get it :/ and i know im not alone here who thinks the same but nevertheless i like your tune and wish some day ill be as good in production as you and many of people here

The vocals in the beginning could be cool, but it seems you just used a single sample and pitch shifted it to the notes you wanted, and to me it sounds excessively cheesy. I'd suggest trying to get your hands on at least a soundfont or some kind of multisample or even a dedicated vst for choir kind of work unless you're just going for that kind of vibe. It's a bit repetitive overall for my tastes. The chord stabs are cool, the break is nice but both could use more variation. The vocal in the background sounds a bit like a squeak toy; I think this is exacerbated because you're just using it to often. I might would pitch it down a bit and maybe even shift the formants downwards a little on it. There's some good elements here, mostly I'd focus on putting some more variation in. Right now, to my ears, the track neither grooves nor develops. I think you'd stand a better chance of making a track that kind of grows somewhere; trying to put in more of a groove feel at this point would involve rewriting a lot of material. Or you could just move along and start on the next track, and count this one as a good learning experience. Hope this helps

Guess I just went for a simplistic hypnotic sound , this tune wasn't really meant to be a blockbuster for me I just wanted to throw down different ideas with a dirty bassline and get a clean mix out of it , cheers for the feedback

For some reason this reminds me of the lord of the rings cartoons from the 70s. I can imagine the orcs marching to this. cool song. I can't give much criticisms for I am not listening on proper speakers.

Back
Top Bottom