AL CAPONE - SUBLIME (SEEMS TO BE A COMPLETE MESS THAT I CANT FINISH, FEEDBACK NEEDED)

alcaponeuk

ive been working on this tune for so long and i just cant seem to get it sounding right at all no matter what i do, so in the end i got pretty pee'd off with the whole thing and decided to just export it as it was, then on the export it took the piss out of me even more by glitching up the filter automation on the drop , i went back into logic and it wasnt there, so i re exported and it was still on the export, theres no mastering at all so volumes are everywhere and the tune as a whole is very quiet, but at least take a listen for me - this is the first time a tune has turned into a catastrophe for me haha

Re: AL CAPONE - SUBLIME (SEEMS TO BE A COMPLETE MESS THAT I CANT FINISH, FEEDBACK NEE

The stop/start synth before the drop is neat.. if you were to work on this some more id develop that.. try introduce some other noises to build tension along with that. Like you said the mixdown is a bit rough, the main synth feels too loud and the beat kinda takes a back seat.

Good effort tho, i've been struggling to finish tracks recently as well.. it gets annoying but I think the best thing from my point of view is to start on something else... I feel like im goin insane sometimes listenin to the same shit over and over

Re: AL CAPONE - SUBLIME (SEEMS TO BE A COMPLETE MESS THAT I CANT FINISH, FEEDBACK NEE

Sometimes it can be good to walk away from a song. Come back to it later. Start and finish a couple of songs then come back to it see what happens.

yep exactly what djsing said.

My advice on this when you get stuck is to leave it, go play video games or something, and just think on ideas in your head casually. when you get a good idea record in your phone. just sing it out. just makes sure not to show anyone else! haha gl mate

anyways got time to listen to it, synths sound cool and clean, but the drums need work (which is usually the case)

Kick needs more high end, more punch and needs to cut through the mix of highs. Eq work here and transient shapers plus good layering of bassy and clicky punchy kicks

snare high end is nice but it sounds too loose try tightening it with dynamic processing and compression etc

goodluck!

Back
Top Bottom