AL CAPONE , PILWIZER, HEAVY DNB

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by alcaponeuk, Sep 21, 2012.

1. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

dont ever remember posting this on here, had some help from a friend with this one, all mastered in skull candy headphones so forgive me for a terrible mix lmao, let me know what u think guys!

2. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

Not bad man. A couple things:

More variation with the bassline. The sequence gets a bet repetitive rather quickly, which could also be attributed by the bassline's timbre/lack of movement.Some more fills as well as completely removing the bassline for a couple beats would help keep the energy up and "vary" the sequencing. Also, modulating that bassline a bit could help.

Snare. Sounds good, but gets drowned out once the whole track kicks in. Needs a bit of low-end boosting love (around 175–225Hz).

Breaks. The layered breaks you have working sound nice, those crashing cymbals and percussion noises are a nice touch.

Overall, a good track. It needs a bit more variation overall just to maintain listener interest. The parts you have in the tune work nice together.

Cheers.

3. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

yeah bro i feel you! cheers for the feedback ill take it on board, much appreciated glad u like it

4. pattycake

pattycake Member

It sounds good but does sound a bit dry to me, snare definitely needs to stick out more. but yeah pretty much what other guy said. I like the atmosphere! It does seem a bit too full of sounds, i think you can probably get some better sounds in there nice arrangement I'm feeling it.

5. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

yeah it just needs cleaning up then buttering up a little with some more punch in the snare i think, thanks man!

6. lasiien

lasiien Meh

Nice bassline, enjoyed it but as has been said more variation especially in after the drop wouldn't go amiss. as others have said the main snare hits are a bit lost and need some help. Otherwise nice job!

7. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member