AL CAPONE - HAPPY BUDGIE, A DNB TUNE TO BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY!

alcaponeuk

if you remember a couple weeks ago i had some real ball ache with this one! well i come back to it with a clear head and managed to tidy it up and get it sounding nice - im pretty happy with the outcome and to my ears in the headphones im using its one of the nicest sounding mixes ive produced as of yet, its a pretty merry arrangement and should put a smile on your face! heres happy budgie (my brother told me to call it morning birds on crack so i shortened it to happy budgies haha)

woah, everything is great, it`s similiar to Indivison! imo snare isn`t matching with rest, try to make it shorter and perhaps on eq lower the 6-8kHz, i think i haear a bright noise here.

i follow on the snare thing, doens't fit the rest.
Melody and vibe in the track are allright!
Some extra variations in the beat would be cool also!

Big up man!

Very happy to hear your happy. Plus the song is rather happy.
Your best song so far, and that means you are learning and growing. You still, like many of us, have a long way to go, but this might be a stepping stone for you. Good job.

yeah i wanted the snare to be shorter and snappier for definite but i havent cracked the art of sampling in logic yet, in fl i used to just roll back the out in the sample window but i think its a different method in logic, ill work it out! but excellent comments much appreciated! and yeah iv4 means alot! definitely feel this is progression for me! cheers peeps :)

Not a bad little tune but I agree on whats been said about the snare. Plus that kick sounds like it really struggling to cut through the mix.

yeh i feel you , cheers man - might change up the snare and re export tbf and yeah i struggled with the kick, i cut a massive chunk out the sub but i think its clashing with the lower frequencies in the saw bass too so i need to look at that

much appreciated cartel! and cheers man, yeh it is pretty cheeeese haha, i was listening to madeon before i started this so i guess thats why i made some jolly chords haha

Not too bad, far too happy and cheddar for my taste tho

yeah not gonna lie i feel like im on a shit ton of drugs and frollicking around some unicorn but again thats not necessarily a bad thing

well produced tune, just needs more punch on that snare and more variation? try some subtle lo passing on that hi arpeg, cheers

hahahaha, w3st , made me laugh - yeh i agree with the variation thing, guess the arpeggio synth could do with some more movement and modulation, cheers for the comments!

Back
Top Bottom