Al Capone ft. Smokio - My Way! new stuff after a long break!

alcaponeuk

been out the game for a while, my first tune in a few months, really enjoyed making this one! spent long hard hours on this (unfortunately still mixing on shitty sony hifi and some senheisers) but i had shit loads of fun making this, guitars were played, recorded and processed by me, vocals were layed down by my older brother, then mixed and processed by me! all feedback welcome! edit- the instrumental without the vocal is on there too for download :)

Last edited:
I think if you tweak this a bit this could be a really good tune, reminds me of chase & status a lot.
I really like the intro and think the vocals are done really well, but I really dont like the vocals at 0:55 onwards, I definitely sense where you wanted to with this but I don't think it works as it is right now, maybe play around a bit from where you start the vocal or record that part again. Also I'm thinking that tis high synth that comes in at 0:55 would work very well over the drop, and by the time I'm writing this I realize that you've done that in the second drop but maybe you can find a different pattern or variation for the first one.
I think the transitions from the drop are a bit abrupt, maybe slwoly introduce that high synth that comes in at the second part of the drop a bit earlier as themood shifts quite suddenly, same with the breakdown (which I really like! something i personally always struggle with), but again the switch happens abit fast.
Drums & Bass see to pretty well mixed on my headphones so nothing about that.
Maybe I pointed out something useful, I just feel like while this track is already pretty good I still see a lot of potential in it!

thanks for the feedback man! yeh i hear you on every point, the build section vocals are just purely to add to the rise in tension, and give it a memorable anthem - spent a shit load of time trying to re word it and get the right number of syllables to fit but this was what we went with - i left the first drop bare just for crowd purposes really, originally it was how u said - like the 2nd drop with the synth, but i felt in a big system just bass would have more impact - your bang on about the strings and the mood change, im thinking of a way to introduce them without using the same chords cause they do come in a bit abrupt! cheers anyway !

Back
Top Bottom