AL CAPONE - FRESH DATA, NEW DRUM AND BASS! feedback needed :)

you nailed it with the drop and drums are beastly .. so you there. The build up could be a million times better. Dont make such a predictable build, try a filter drum build or a pendulum time voodoo people build. The switch up after 16 bars needs to be better, some bassline variation would be good here. That drop like i said is very very big. This is exactly the kinda sound I like so big ups to you

The main thing this track needs is some vocals or lead synth melody. I like the glitchy or stuttered top pad, its cool man! The snare just feels noisy, needs more of a punch. And as u said mixdown needs some work, volumes are a bit unbalanced ^^

Don't get me wrong, this could be something nice but it doesn't feel "complete" to me. Mostly due to the lack of some kind of lead as I said :) Keep at it!!

thanks alot guys, yeah i totally forget about a filtered drum build i do normally do that haha should of went with that, and yeah i feel you it does need more variation on the 2nd section - i might be getting some commercial rap style vocals on it soon but ill see what happens - cheers for the feedback tho folks

Oh my friend the mix sounds terrible on my end. To me it sounds like you made every thing as loud as you could then mix it together.
As far as the rest of the track you got some fun ideas with the off beat and side chaining. And is seems like you had some fun experimenting with new sounds. Which is fun for the listener too. And that brings me to what I thought about the song. FUN! Terrible mix alot fun any way.

I agree the mix needs work but there is a good song here, some advice I received that I found really useful is to think about the main 2/3 elements of your track and make them the loudest (for Dnb it's kinda simple, drums n bass :) ) but that should help you when trying to mix and decide whats important and you want the listener to hear.

yeah, im investing in a mac and some proper monitors next month so my mixdowns should be far more up to scratch !

Back
Top Bottom