AL CAPONE - FRESH DATA, NEW DRUM AND BASS! feedback needed :)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by alcaponeuk, Oct 1, 2012.

1. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

been meddling in house and dance but today i thought id come back to some dnb, pretty much banged this out just today! let me know what u think i enjoyed making it, all mixed in some ten quid headphones so i understand the mix isnt very good, lemme know what u guys think! :)

2. Hey!Zeus

Hey!Zeus Member

you nailed it with the drop and drums are beastly .. so you there. The build up could be a million times better. Dont make such a predictable build, try a filter drum build or a pendulum time voodoo people build. The switch up after 16 bars needs to be better, some bassline variation would be good here. That drop like i said is very very big. This is exactly the kinda sound I like so big ups to you

3. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

The main thing this track needs is some vocals or lead synth melody. I like the glitchy or stuttered top pad, its cool man! The snare just feels noisy, needs more of a punch. And as u said mixdown needs some work, volumes are a bit unbalanced ^^

Don't get me wrong, this could be something nice but it doesn't feel "complete" to me. Mostly due to the lack of some kind of lead as I said :) Keep at it!!

4. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

thanks alot guys, yeah i totally forget about a filtered drum build i do normally do that haha should of went with that, and yeah i feel you it does need more variation on the 2nd section - i might be getting some commercial rap style vocals on it soon but ill see what happens - cheers for the feedback tho folks

5. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

6. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Oh my friend the mix sounds terrible on my end. To me it sounds like you made every thing as loud as you could then mix it together.
    As far as the rest of the track you got some fun ideas with the off beat and side chaining. And is seems like you had some fun experimenting with new sounds. Which is fun for the listener too. And that brings me to what I thought about the song. FUN! Terrible mix alot fun any way.

7. lasiien

lasiien Meh

I agree the mix needs work but there is a good song here, some advice I received that I found really useful is to think about the main 2/3 elements of your track and make them the loudest (for Dnb it's kinda simple, drums n bass :) ) but that should help you when trying to mix and decide whats important and you want the listener to hear.

8. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

yeah, im investing in a mac and some proper monitors next month so my mixdowns should be far more up to scratch !

9. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

any more feedback peeps? take advantage of a free download too! :)