AL CAPONE - BURNING BRDGES - IMO MY BEST PIECE OF WORK AS OF YET! FEEDBACK WANTED

alcaponeuk

wow, if taht guitar samples are really yours, gratz, they`re great :D
IMO that synth in into is a bit too loud, it`s hiding that guitar. After the drop, there`s too much higher freq's (white noise).

I agree with the guy above. The guitar is really nice, but that synth is a little too overpowering. Try pushing the synth outwards a little, and bringing the guitar in a little. And use a spectral analyeser to find where the frequencies peak in the guitar channel, then notch those freqs out of the synth to help the guitar come through a bit more. As for the drum work and the bass work, you got it nailed this time!

nice work man. nice to see someone getting a guitar in there track and playing an actual recorded instrument! works really well. i second what mr fletch said about the notching. real nice work tho!

wow great comments! yeah i agree i should of spent more time letting the guitar shine in the second part of the intro - and yeah i managed to get it sounding nice this is probably my best effort yet at recording acoustic. i dont have a booth, its just a small room with some carpet on the walls, tried my best to play to a metronome at 90 bpm, filtered out the white noisey areas with waves x-noise, then exported and brought it upstairs to my mac in logic, chopped and dropped the samples to get them as close to on time as possible, automated the volume to slide off after each strum so it sounded nice and clean, then just added light compression to level it out, then rammed it with delay and reverb until they really sounded nice!

I'd like some edgier hi-hats to start of with, atleast in the intro. Perhaps ease up on the distortion on em. I also feel like it gives a heavier drive with shorter hi-hats aswell. As fletch said, drums and bass are sounding good and also as mentioned by everyone the acoustic guitar is real clean and nice and yummy!

to conclude, good tune overall imo just needs that extra polish perhaps :)

yeah guess i could have done a roll off on the master eq for the high freqs ! and yeah i feel you jimpa, cheers for the comments peeps - keep the feedback coming!!

this had some really good feedback, reached my first landmark in a way as this has been signed, and yesterday was the official release, just letting you guys know! you can catch it on itunes for 99p and beatport for 1.30! would be awesome if anyone wanted to contribute! also if anyones got anymore feedback for this tune i still wanna hear it! heres the link with the buy button

Back
Top Bottom