AL:C - Ethereal (sould searching thought provoking liquid dnb)!!

alcaponeuk

Peeeeeeeps, since shifting over to my new macbook & logic x ive been making some weak shit, until i started this project! really got behind this one and had a great deal of fun making it. Ive been longing to make something i could truly call liquid for a while, whenever i start something chilled it ends up with reecees and floorfiller elements so i tried to keep it stripped back. spent a lot of time processing the trippy piano sounds and layering them up (was especially pleased with the section before the breakdown where the extra pianos come in to make some trippy swirling chords!) id love to hear your comments, all critique is welcome !!! will be switching this to free download soon but waiting on some feedback first. enjoy!
also heres some quirky artwork i made for it.
905877_10204875953206324_4533042928168023080_o.jpg

The weird piano things are awesome and pretty. For me the bass is sexy. I also like the switch from the piano stuff to the bongo rhythms.

Some ideas for next time around to try. During the intro and break down the low pass drum loop that comes in cool but could use high pass filtering too. This can help make the build up more dynamic. I also perceive the intro and break down right before the drop as being louder than the drop. As a listener I have never liked that. That piano thing is again fantastic.

Oh yea, the art work. Is that an oil painting??? Very cool even if not. The colors so match the sound, but in my head there is a bit more orange.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

Last edited:
really like the pitch change in the bong- would love to hear a nice drawn out ride over it towards the end of that 32- agreed that bass is sexy, maybe a bit of modulation on it would just cap it off but jmo
all in all i dig this tune alot

biiigups for all the comments. yeah IV4 i definitely should of spent more time on the intro, im gonna go back and tweak some things and replace the audio. The intro being louder than the drop is definitely something i need to sort out! and yeh thanks vickvega, agreed on the bass, had a couple other comments suggesting more modulation on the lower end so ill try tweak some other bits! and oh with regards to the artwork its partly an oil painting paired with some textures in photoshop, hued for the colours and then the text and box added after!

UPDATE - done some fine tuning, brought the kick down a little as it was causing the track to peak, added some more little breaks in the drums, limited a little less and brought subs down and pianos up a slight touch! enjoy - have now put the song on for 320kbps download too!

haha thats what i like to hear bro, after making it i lay in bed trying to go to sleep for hours and hours with the chords just swirling round in my head over and over, hypnotic ! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom