Akuratyde - Evergreen (Tim Reaper Remix)/Home Movies (Wardown Remix) [BMTM]

Great remixes so I've pre-ordered the vinyl. Really loved the last album too and Solus is my favorite track on it. (y) Keep doing what you doing with your own music and the label, mate

I'm not good at explaining in a producer's terminology, but can someone who produces music / knows a fair bit about the arrangement of DNB tunes explain how Home Movies (Wardown Remix) has a count of 3, or 3 A-A-B-A's please? Compared to most other DNB tunes having a structure of 4

This kinda has it, in that it doesn't line up with the common structure and I found that with a fair amount of other DB1 tunes too

I'm not good at explaining in a producer's terminology, but can someone who produces music / knows a fair bit about the arrangement of DNB tunes explain how Home Movies (Wardown Remix) has a count of 3, or 3 A-A-B-A's please? Compared to most other DNB tunes having a structure of 4

Both the original version of Home Movies and the Wardown remix are in 6/4 time as opposed to 4/4.

Both the original version of Home Movies and the Wardown remix are in 6/4 time as opposed to 4/4.

Thanks for confirming that! I thought it had something to do with a 3 somewhere.

Great tunes, but because of the timing in which that's written it turns me away from buying them, and to me, makes them un-mixable :-/ It perks my ears up for the wrong reason when it gets to that bit.

There's something strange going on with the timing of this one as well that I only noticed when it was on the decks, and now every time I hear Presha mix it

guess it's a matter of preference. i quite enjoy when artists use different time signatures.

old hardcore tunes go off-measure and they still bang.

Thanks for confirming that! I thought it had something to do with a 3 somewhere.

Great tunes, but because of the timing in which that's written it turns me away from buying them, and to me, makes them un-mixable :-/ It perks my ears up for the wrong reason when it gets to that bit.

All good matey. Some tunes aren't made for mixing, the Tim Reaper remix is for playing out, the Wardown remix is for listening at home. 🙂

There's something strange going on with the timing of this one as well that I only noticed when it was on the decks, and now every time I hear Presha mix it

The synth is repeating in phrases of 7 whereas the rest of the song is in 4/4.

Back
Top Bottom