AKA

archive

VIP Junglist
i was just wondering why dj's go by different aliases

for example
dirty harry - dj hazard
jonny cage - taxman

sorry if this is a repeated

lol, i was gonna make a post about this called Alta Egos.
I also have wanted to know why DJs change their names or use alias to make tunes.

i mean, i can understand some, clipz and redlight... if u wanna change ur style, i can see how a new name would be usefull. but yeah, why hazard change his name to put out more dnb?

also, what other djs use other names, because some which i thought were teh same people turned out to be two different people.
i wouldnt mind seeing a tree diagram of it, lol.
didnt dillinja use another name? capone?

in some cases its to do with styles.

With others its contraxt with record labels. Eg if i got signed to ganja label as Dirty pimp they may want the rights to alll the songs that i release under tha alias dirty Pimp. However i could release on other labels if i relase the track under another alias like joe bloggs etc. ya gets me?

thats fair enough mate :)

just one thing though
dirty harry releases on frontline
hazard "mainly" releases on playaz

i thought hype owned both??

lol, i was gonna make a post about this called Alta Egos.
I also have wanted to know why DJs change their names or use alias to make tunes.

i mean, i can understand some, clipz and redlight... if u wanna change ur style, i can see how a new name would be usefull. but yeah, why hazard change his name to put out more dnb?

also, what other djs use other names, because some which i thought were teh same people turned out to be two different people.
i wouldnt mind seeing a tree diagram of it, lol.
didnt dillinja use another name? capone?

Yeah, Dillinja used Capone.

Its always been like that though, sometimes a tune will get released and years later you find out who was behind it or co-produced it.

I read that Optical was the engineer for "Burial" by Leviticus

Yeah, Dillinja used Capone.

Its always been like that though, sometimes a tune will get released and years later you find out who was behind it or co-produced it.

I read that Optical was the engineer for "Burial" by Leviticus

Didnt Jumping Jack Frost make that.

ah so it's like when Prince changed his name to a symbol to get out of contract with sony or whomever he was with at teh time :) then after the contract ran out, he changed his name back.
smarts.

Back
Top Bottom