AIM addys

The peeps who run labels are people too. they might not get back at you, dont let it get you down, they just might be busy. Or then the piece just sucks and they dont have the balls to say it - so get as much feedback from different people, play it out etc before sending out. Make sure they get your best, not a preview or a clip. That's why it's a good idea to sit on your tunes for a few weeks before sending it out, so you get some perspective on it.

And on the matter at hand, most labels that accept aim demos have their handles on 'public display', on websites, just decide on who to send and dig up their contact info.

What kinda if edict do you want to use when instant messaging with record labels or other DJs?

Surely you wouldn't say some thing like, ": YO mang, heres my music ....myspace.com/myDJname, now give me a record-deal and a bunch of money!"

Wheres the line between talking with your friend, and a professional sound designer?

lol!!!!! two standard ways really..... ''ez, is it ok to send you some tracks ive made?'' or words to that effect - then send tunes... or just fire the tracks across straight off and add ''let me know if you like'' aim's a funny one tho, if you dont get any response, (which is usual) it may be that there to busy, or that person thinks there to 'big time' to talk to you, either way the bottom line is.. regardless of what you say (within reason) if they like what you've sent and are interested they will get back to you ;) hope that helps.....

Daniel blackdan (y) I have tunes to send if you are interested

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:52 ----------

I zipped my 3 best tunes and have started sending out... is it bad to zip them? I mean they're easy to open but someone short on time might think 'to hard basket' i check out the mp3s first etc...

Back
Top Bottom