ahhh okay logic...

st420

VIP Junglist
using logic 8.

randomly, for no reason at all, a EXS24 instrument, has just well, stopped working? it CAN find the audio files, they are showing up, i get no error message at all, but when i play notes there is no sound.

nothing is soloed, ive opened a new project and just loaded this up to figure it out so there is no other track. every other instrument works fine, its just this one in particular.

theres no signal in the channel when i hit keys, its almost like for this instrument alone the sampler wont react to the keyboard (caps lock one included).

i can load up a new zone and load the instruments audio file in and play it that way, its just got me really puzzled as to why this is happening...

anyone had and issues like this before? seems very strange.

Tried both those things, still just won't play that one instrument. Doesn't bother me that much really, it's just weird.

I have a prob where when i load my tune it says some of the samples cant be found even though they have worked fine the whole time then i have to go back into it and re structure them etc.

Find them then save as, including sampler files etc. i get that sometimes. 'Lostinsound' will probably be along soon to give you a better answer.

^ Prideinyouride is spot on with his answer. Do a "Save As" and make sure you've got "Save EXS Instrument" and "...EXS Instrument Samples" selected in the Save As dialog box. EXS24 can be a bit of a bitch sometimes, so it's best practice to keep all of your sample stuff from the project within the project folders. Hopefully when Apple releases Logic X (sometime in the next decade) they will have a new and improved Sampler. With their acquisition of Redmatica. it seems very likely...

Let us know if this works for you.

Back
Top Bottom