AHH MY RECORD WARPED! (in story form)

alz

compress to impress
VIP Junglist
(If you don't want to read the story and just want the point read the penultimate line)

So foolishly I left my records on my decks, I have a south facing room so the sun is in there from morning to night but it only faces my decks from about 3-8 or so in the summer.

Anyway, TC - Driver was left on my deck closest to the window, and it got dicked by a ray of light, jus the edge of the record had come up about half a cm from where it shoulda been, made the needle go flying every time.

I was pretty angry, not cos driver is damaged, cos its a pretty whack tune, but because I'd fucked up, and that just pisses me off on principle.

So, forever the optimist I am, I decided ill try and fix it. After reading some post on there about trying to heat it up and pressing it again, I thought that would be a good place to start, now theres no point trying to use the sun against because thats too unpredictable, but at home we have an aga!

Long story short, held the record over the aga, driver side down incase something bad happened, heated it carefully feeling with ma fingers for when it got bendy, whacked a book underneath and about 8 books and a cast iron pan on the top.

Record is as new!

aga is an aga man who know like i un-warped my record with my aga

I was gonna say when i looked at the start of the post...it's only Driver mate:), and I've never heard of an aga lol

pfff...

check out the posh twat with the aga!!

did make me laugh at the plebs who don't know tho... :D

aga_1.jpg

Thats an aga, its basically a cooker that runs 24/7, most of them are powered by electricity or gas, but ours is powered by coal and requires filling up every night, which is a bitch.

The two things on the top are hot plates, ones hotter than the other, can be used for cooking, boiling kettle etc, thats what i used to heat my vinyl up with.

Oh and dan, you love my aga, don't your parents have one too?

thanks , good advice . my decks are standing at the window in the sun for a big part of the day so I close my curtains all day in the summer but it wouldn't surprise me if the same thing will happen to me one day :flame:

Back
Top Bottom