AH Shit dont kill the messenger but

Discussion in 'Production' started by padders, Jun 12, 2010.

1. padders

padders Member

It seems all the drum and bass production videos on youtube have been taken down due to copyright claims. Anyone here of a hoarding nature get round to download them? Particlualy Alix Perez, Sabre, xample and Lomax?

2. Cat Gas

Cat Gas Aka Basis

try buying them.

3. d.o.b

d.o.b I've been naughty, I'm banned

4. Scatcat

Scatcat It don't mean shit

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS! :mrpanic: i was just about to start producing as well, what a fuckin joke

5. marky1702

marky1702 Member

like roadrunner already said, why dont you try buying them, and support the scene, instead of just ripping it off like you did with the netsky album too

6. Scatcat

Whoa there sonny jimbo, hold ur horses! Yeah I illegally downloaded the Netsky album, i then bought the Viynl release and the songs i liked from the album cus most of em were pretty shite quality. First of all, until I read Roadrunner's comment I was unaware that the videos were ever made for sale. I figured that the producers who made videos like that simply released them onto youtube, in an attempt to share some of their skill and expertise with younger, less knowledgeable producers. To be honest it is a fucking joke that they sell those videos, yeah alright they are tremendously talented and have worked for a long time honing their abilities - the videos probably take the same amount of time to make as they do to record, so really it's just one of those shit aspects of capitalism.

I'm 18 years old, I have no job, I go to college 5 days a week, I get money given to me (well at least until June 16th when I'm done with college forever) - What do you think I spend the money I get on? Vinyl, weed, clubs, gig tickets, dj equipment, food and of course Lucozade. At this point in my life I'd say about 75% of my "income" is spent on "supporting the scene" so fuck you!

Before you make assertions again here, especially about me, I would ask that you carefully consider their validity. Thank you so much for wasting at least 10 mins of my time writing this fucking response

7. Gr1pz

Gr1pz Aka - Align.

Unless the videos that you pay for go more in depth theres no fucking way I'd pay for em. Those videos didnt tell you how to do anything really, I mean its cool you get to see how a producer arranges shit but he doesnt teach you the vst or fx or anything really.

8. co0ke

co0ke windowlicker

i dont think it is the artist who makes anything from them, i think it is the magazine. and as far as 'dont tell you shit' goes, i have to disagree. i think the vids are helpful and they blatantly offer a lot of info. if you are expecting to have your hand held totally then i can see why you might have a problem with them.

9. Gr1pz

Gr1pz Aka - Align.

plenty of free youtube videos that show you alot more then the masterclass ones.

---------- Post added at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

guess I'm being harsh and vague. is there more to the videos then what was on youtube?? If not I just dont see the justification for buying them..just because a rich ass dnb producer shows you how to arrange his tracks doesnt seem like a good enough reason to me. And I highly doubt buying the dvd would support the scene at all.

10. Scatcat

^^^this

^^^but also this, but I'm taking plenty to me a lot without being a majority

11. marky1702

marky1702 Member

If you think that downloading an album that hasn't been released yet, to decide which tracks you wanna download is supporting the scene, then you are mistaking, don't get that twisted, and I didn't ask you to reply with such an in depth excuse, it's not my fault you have that much time to waste, so you can go fuck yourself

12. Scatcat

If I could do that do you really think I'd be on this site?

13. marky1702

marky1702 Member

Lol ya fair enough, we don't have to take this any further, it's all good I think I woke up in a bad mood, it just upsets me when people download illegally at all, only drum an bass though, I could give a fuck less about illegal downloads in any other genre, so I guess my opinion is pretty 1 sided

14. padders

padders Member

Some people on here need to get off their moral high horses. These videos have been up for a couple of years so it seems pretty unfair of computer music to suddeny start charging people to watch them. There is no way buying them will suppport the scence it will go straight into the pocket of computer music. Im sure eveyone on here supports the scene otherwise they wouldn't be trawling on forums like this. From a personal point view I pay to go to club nights , I buy albums. Why should everything cost money these days? Computer music would have made money when the magazines first came out.
    On the issue of music these days lots of people will download music illegally which does suck. However its not always a bad thing as it can get people into the music they otherwise wouldnt have had access to and then might start supporting by coming to nights etc.
    The same can be said about production software. I know i started with illegal copies. Why you may ask? Its all about risk, i didn't want to risk spending money on something i may not have enjoyed/ been any good at (that still be debatable). However through using this I have learnt alot and love producing. Now i have spend shedloads of money on my set up and its all legal. So if it hadnt started with illegal software i probably would'nt have spent a penny on music software so the same can be applyed to anything around the scence which some people are so keen to 'protect'.

15. Cat Gas

Cat Gas Aka Basis

ohhhhhh we're talking about videos here, I thought the original thing was just "where can I download some music?"

In my opinion tutorial videos shouldn't be charged for. Manuals and handbooks and whatnot, fine, but tutorial videos should be free.
    There are a crapload of free tutorials on the internet anyway, and tbh I've seen the production masterclass ones, they're not that good anyway compared to other stuff :|

16. padders

padders Member

No I was talking about the tutorial videos not their music. Sorry your response was right if id been talking about just downloading their music. Glad we got that sorted out!

17. Scatcat

this thread = proof that there are women on this forum

18. Zeal

Zeal Ohm/C2D/Dark Asylum/Ennex

went on a bit of a tangent in here didnt it :) lol