Agressive Hard Dark Bass Lines

Evil7

Hi im Jarrod
I love music and im a musician who plays many instruments mainly the guitar.
I have some questions about some Drum and Bass sounds and the equipment used to create these sounds.
I have some knowledge of digital equiptment.. Mainly i understand how midi controlers can be used with computers and software ect...... I also am getting a roland sp404sx sampling workstation.. I know a little about samples and sequencers ect.. I Understand how Turntable mixing is done some what....

Here is my question..
In drum and bass music... how are the deep long sworping bass lines created... What equiptment is first used to Map out these bass lines.... I want to be able to use these sounds in other types of music in a real time situation on stage.... sort of Like how you can create a drum kit on mpc pads or sampler pads.... I want to create my own "Swarping bass notes" in a Sampler... But i dont want to sample other artists bass sounds... I want to create my own...
I need to know where the Bass comes from.... haha

If this makes any since to anyone please help me....

Safe geezer, Welcome to the forum!

Oh and with reference to your question... I've not a fucking clue mate!
Someone on here should be able to help you out though...

I sure Hope so... I know there is software that makes these sounds ... im guessing i can sample these from the computer... i just need some expert help and advice on software for basslines ect... I read on the forum lastnight and learned a little... but yeah i hope someone can help me see this process more clearly... ect....

you'll want to get yourself a (i think its called, correct me if im wrong) DAW, a step sequencer, for example reason/fruity loops/logic/ableton, theres loads out there. And then you'll want to download some free synths or samples and try to make some basslines out of them, it may take you a little while to learn tho, so dont expect amazing things when you first start messing around. Im sure someone can point you to some free samples/synths/vsts etc. Try the search function first tho.
safe

welcome lol.

Well, indeed, Get a DAW you feel comfortable with and a synth you really like. (I for one, love NI MASSIVE and Albino 3. )

What I also like to do (just found out about this a couple of days ago, and is a very nice way to creating some nice basses.)
Resampling. So, once you have made your nice basic bass in the side, and put the bass-line down,
Port it into a Sampler. (I use kontakt 4) and then start changing it around more (making it move more for example, maybe add more distortion, chorus or something like a phaser etc, untill you are happy with it.
Repeat this as much as you like, 'till you have the sound you want. Record, Export as wav, voilia, home-made sample :3

(Correct me If what I'm telling isn't right, and If I'm meaning something else, If I am, please explain to me as well what I actually am doing lol. )

welcome mate, try checking the production thread (if you havn't already), i'm fairly sure that there will be something in there that will help you

Back
Top Bottom