Agressive basslines in Reason

Nutek

movement junglist
VIP Junglist
What instruments should I use to make those grimey basslines, I've tried a shit load but I can't seem to nail it, help appreicated! Cheers.

im new to this as well ive only started lookin at it,

but think its some were along the lines of:-

(theres no such thing as a single instrument that produces what your asking for it how you program that instrument).IT doesnt even have to be an instrument.

I think Noisia use all kinds of weird shit for there crazy bass.

ive not read alot about em but the stuff i did ,that was the most interesting that stuck out and i think made them special was there creativity .......:)

Make sure your source sample is clean and has a good frequency spectrum,(you cant create out of thin air) .

then split up take the top half ,FX EQ,modulate resample repeat repeat.....
but not necesarry in that order .
experiment

there many of thread about this on forums..... hope this helps .... bigupz

Last edited:
Yeah, I know it takes alot of building up and that, I use the sawtooth's for reeces and that but like the sounds that are gritty and grimey, I dont know what to use for that.

Yeah, I know it takes alot of building up and that, I use the sawtooth's for reeces and that but like the sounds that are gritty and grimey, I dont know what to use for that.

DISTORTION, chorus, reverb,eq, modulate ,resample but most important split up the sound into 2 or 3 layers sub mid and tops ... resample resample resample ,resample hahaha like i said im learning it now but theres lots of threads about it......

NOTE:- when talkin about layers im not talkin about making a reece with layers of detuned saw waves im talking about spliting the the reece up so you have control over the low, mid, and high frequencies.

the grit as you call it comes from doing crazy shit with your mid and high frequencies ............. and bouncing it over and over......

but thats got nowt to do with REASON it works in all production tools. reason is just a tool thats a technique.....

Last edited:
Thats confusing me in itself, splitting it up into layers etc, any tuts about this or an explanation? thanks for the help man

Thats confusing me in itself, splitting it up into layers etc, any tuts about this or an explanation? thanks for the help man

yeah ill dig some threads out which should point you in the right direction ill pm them to you ..... np btw i understand!

it was confusing to me to,,,,,,, someone told me this a year ago and the penny just droped recently!!!! hehe

haha quality!! one of the better clips with teebee, hes usually got trouble hiding how full he is of himself.

yeah thats what ive herd as well hahaha ,but i do luv his choons though massive respect!!!

hahaha caylx's face expressions man CrAcKs me Up! every time i watch this !!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha the comment about "dnb and drugs" woooooosh straight over the top!

Last edited:
yeah ill dig some threads out which should point you in the right direction ill pm them to you ..... np btw i understand!

it was confusing to me to,,,,,,, someone told me this a year ago and the penny just droped recently!!!! hehe

hi mate, can you p[lease put the thread links up here so i can have a read , because i am also confused on this issue .

Last edited:
thanks for the effort pal ... the links dont work though ... any chance of re-linking again .

cheers

Try the proppellerheads site for a combinator refill called Reasonstation Combinator Refill.theres one on there called Evil Electro and its the dugs baws.Think its free too so.....

Back
Top Bottom