Aggravating tune...

Dj Jammin

VIP Junglist
Dj hazard - selector I honestly cant mix this into anything, i set my pitch cue the tune, beats are going nicely for a while then they just start getting scatty anyone like to offer some advice.. do i need to change the pitch as the selector beat changes and goes scatty? I've only been mixing bout 5 months and this baffles me.

I think it is just to do with slightly loose mix, when the breakbeats get a little more intense I'm presuming at the end of the phrase, It probably just becomes harder to hear whats happening and how to correct it. When I get home from work I will look through my collection and pull it up, and check it out. I will post a quick mix up to show how it may be mixed. I have heard Hype mix it with play me on his drum and bass essential album pretty sick shit!

Last edited:
Its a wicked tune and I think you will find a way to mix it fine at some point, when you're learning some things just throw you totally. I wouldnt knock yourself over it

This is a fucking gay tune to mix, I was chasing pitch for a good while in all the mixes. This one will take a while to get the hang off, the levels are a bit irritating to get a good sound in the mix aswell. Just keep on practising..... come back to it later and ur be able to mix it.

Here's a little demo:
http://http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7ZATWXZB

Cheers cosh, im at work atm but when i get home ill listen to that mix. Yeah i've heard hypes mix of it into dubplate killaz, and then play me. i've tried it into dubplate killas and cant get it to work oh well keep trying :P

Its funny cos i used to cane this tune & allways found it easy to mix.
I reckon its probly that the tunes ur mixin it with arnt locking tight so you either need to touch the plate or manipulate the pitch to keep it locked, which im sure you know allready. Either that or the beat structures dont work with each other that well so it sounds messy & can make u think they're out of time, subsequently in your endeavour to make them fit you're pitchin them out of time.
Bottom line is keep at it & you'll suss things out for yourself anyway.(y)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom