Again, the reason 3

Discussion in 'Production' started by Warmth, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Warmth

Warmth New Member

REASON 3 ?:1:

I'm sorry in advance, because I'll post many questions on this subject... 1st one: No way Vst's can be operated through reason?

2nd:Is the Matrix sequencer a joke ??, no volume controle and you can´t even delete the midi !, not to mention that there is only one standard midi-length!!??

I find it much more easy to make drums in Acid, because there you can decide volume, attack, release(the envelope shite) on each and every single event/sample... so why is it so few that prefer Acid pro ?, if it has much more ability to let you controle every little bit with such simplicity ?

and also one thing, it's really shitty that only drum kits can be used in the Redrum... you know any who use Redrum for their drums and who do not suck to the fullest?

2. Cube

Cube www.exegene.com

rewire into a vst host
    change step length, and just make the release on each note longer.
    use nn-xt. can do all the adsr there.
    you can load any .wav, .rx2, .aiff into redrum. therefore having good kits.

3. Warmth

Warmth New Member

hmm, well thanks a lot for that Cube. It's strange for me to so suddenly switch to something much more complicated...

And btw, could you tell me how to put envelope on e.g. the pitch weel ? Using the combinator?- so that envelopes show up on the sequencer and I can control it from there.. ? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2005
  4. LIQUIDDRUMNBASS

LIQUIDDRUMNBASS LDNB

I made the move to Reason 3 about 5 months ago and have been amazed, its probably the easiest PRO kit to use once you get the hang of controlling it. I find its best for making breaks using redrum and Dr Rex, exporting them to cubase.

IMO dont restrict yourself to one piece of software, I think youll find most are now utilising the best bits from various software.

5. Noxxus

Noxxus Master baiter

I manually enter every note in on the matrix editor not the matrix interface, apart from exporting REX loops. That why I know every note is how it should be, sure it takes ruddy ages, but once I get a keyboard, I'll tap the notes in as im fairly handy on a keyboard, then alter the notes length/velocities etc.

In fact, i wander some times how i have managed to write music without a keyboard. Its been holding me back I reckon. Badly.