Affective Key Characteristics

Thanks for sharing,

Although it is an interesting read, it seems that the writer tried too hard to attach a 'feeling' to each chord. There really is no instruction booklet on chord 'feelings', it's all about YOUR song and how they sound to YOU.

Just my opinion, still pretty neat, thanks!

thats a good find - very interesting.
I like:
D Minor
Melancholy womanliness, the spleen and humours brood

LOL spleen sounds !!
:)

LOL man that web page is quite funny. I agree with DanDnB that it should be about how it feels to you. There are people with perfect pitch who hear pitches as different colours, and who could distinguish a big difference between say a c major or d major key. The site doesn't really go into modulation (key changes) and other stuff that can evoke an emotion from the listener. Wouldnt say its something 'new' to think about, but yeah I guess it could open someone up to some possibilities.

F minor and Ab major = key of the grave?

I imagine when this was written... it was more to do with when music was not experienced in the same context as today, it wasn't such a disposable asset? it was more often used to accompany say a silent film and imply certain emotions, or a classical piece telling the story of a broken heart etc

perhaps setting the 'key' for a story, would set the right mood (watch fantazia for what i mean about 'musics story')

in this context, i think it makes more sense!

Back
Top Bottom