DnB Aesthetiks - Aftermath (update)

lots of kool stuff going on, but the mixdown and eq need allot of work, its very muddy, eq ur bass and sounds up some more, esp check the midrange and kick/snare crossover points, i love whats going on tho, nice melodies and vibe

Thank you very much. I still need to work on my eqing, i pretty much suck at it lol.

its one of the hardest parts tbh, for synths & melodies, a few pin point notches can be most useful in the low-midrange, for basslines, sumtimes wide boosts are better, for eg you might want to do a 6db+ boost ~80-90hz, and 800-1.5khz, to bring out the bass and midrange, then take a few pin point notches out around 100-250 for the snare and kick to get thru the mix, or maybe a shallow reduction of the 180-450hz area which can be where muddyness really messes with the mix....numbers are very rough, dont take them as absolute, experiment with them and see what happens :)

its one of the hardest parts tbh, for synths & melodies, a few pin point notches can be most useful in the low-midrange, for basslines, sumtimes wide boosts are better, for eg you might want to do a 6db+ boost ~80-90hz, and 800-1.5khz, to bring out the bass and midrange, then take a few pin point notches out around 100-250 for the snare and kick to get thru the mix, or maybe a shallow reduction of the 180-450hz area which can be where muddyness really messes with the mix....numbers are very rough, dont take them as absolute, experiment with them and see what happens :)

Nice I shall try some of that. Thanks miszt :)

Back
Top Bottom