advise on a car i purchased.

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by hyperd4eva, Dec 29, 2011.

1. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

brought a new motor from a trade company, ( a geezer who sells cars at his house under a business name ) and had it looked over and all looked OK. 3 days after i bought it the clutch went. He has now taken it to be fixed and told me it will be done by Friday. I just dont trust the bloke enough now after he blatently sold me a dodgy motor in the first place. Is it worth keeping or just telling him i want a refund? is there any sort of law that covers me that anyone knows? Cant even get to work now been spending shit loads on taxi's.

2. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

refund.. not worth the hassle

3. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Well when driving it it seemed the only issue was the clutch, so i think im going to pay the AA to go and do one of those full checks over the car and then see if there is anything else to look out for

4. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

did he offer any sort of warranty when you bought it?
    Or any sort of short term guarantee?

Women I know bought from a trade company, 5k virtually brand new corsa, takes it to be serviced and the garage wouldn't release it, saying it was a previous write off/unsafe to drive etc.

She went through the courts, eventually getting her cash back, it took over a year but she fought tooth and nail for the hard earned cash she'd lost.

Has the car been MOT'd recently? If so the clutch should in theory be in working order...

5. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

He's obviously a cunt for selling you a dodgy car under the pretense of it being all cool and driveable and that, you don't want to give him your hard earned monies because he's a wanker and that's no good is it.

6. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

He put it through an MOT the day after i bought it so got a years MOT on it. Im not sure if the clutch is looked at on MOT's, to be fair to him hes come and picked it up and taken it to be fixed so if he was a wanker im sure he would have just ignored my calls. the fact its a company gives me alot more chance of sacking it off. I suppose a new clutch makes it a better car in the end?

7. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

its a tough one pal, just coz, he's blatently sold you a motor that he knows was abit dodge .. but he does sell from home you say.. so i doubt would sell anything that bad.. coz the people he sells to know where he lives.. maybe ride it out, get it checked by a mechanic mate.. and hope for the best.. dont know bout laws tho pal

8. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Cheers mate. He was shocked when he came round and saw that it was dead, he said he cant believe he missed it. think hes gutted hes gonna be losing money on it.

9. ONSLAUGHT88

ONSLAUGHT88 I sees ya I do I sees ya

He does sound genuine from what you've said, but I guess you should also be aware that he may have got a dodgy MOT on it, maybe through one of his mates, it's a tough one to call really.

10. chewdiggy

chewdiggy Member

What make was it?

11. mr karnage

mr karnage deep inside the jungle

put his windows through

12. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

If theres any more problems after this new clutch hes fitted im gonna go park it out side his front drive and not move till i get my dosh back. plus when he sees my guns in the flesh he will run a mile.

13. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

just curious, did you check the VIN's?

14. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Not sure what that is man, was HPI checked i know that much

15. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Vehicle Identification Numbers

16. chewdiggy

chewdiggy Member

I would suggest contacting Honda directly to find out more info on the motor to be honest mate.

17. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

also check to see if it has been reported stolen or lost in the past or if its been written off and cut and shut together... check the VIN's on teh internet and if it is dodgy get your money back then report it, if you report it before getting your money back you wont see your money again...

18. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

HPI check will tell you as much as you need to know, but as dirty breaks said, dont just check the reg on experian/hpi. make sure u check the vin number aswell cos you need to make sure they match and u aint got no cut n shut jobby... pm me the reg & vin ill do some checks for ya @ work...

hyperd4eva likes this.
  19. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

safe mate will do as soon as iv got it back. big up mate. where can i find the VIN?

20. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

its on the log book, failing that it will be on a small plaque that is fixed to the structure of the car, but it really depends on which car/year it is to determine where it will be