DnB Advice to the newbie

Space_Monkey

okay so I am asking advice and I am sure that I will revive harsh criticism for being new. It happen a lot when I was starting fresh in Noise, Ambient, etc... So I have loved DnB for years but never really produced it until now. So the programs that I have are VstHOST, Acid Express 7.0, Open MPT, and Audacity. I saw a program call Dr Drum that looked nice and got great reviews. Thought about getting that. So what recommendations do you have for a good program to produce? Kinda on a limited budget, the only physical equipment that I own is a keyboard, and a cheap laptop.

Now now men, he's not a pirate, everything he said he uses is freeware.

Which I respect the shit out of, but hey @Space_Monkey If you want to have some fun, get a fucked up piece of hardware, like a small soundcraft desk, a couple guitar pedals, an amp, and a tape deck, these are all inexpensive bits of kit that you can have serious Fun with.

Do ask if you want to know more about anything

+1 for REAPER if you're on a limited budget. I do all my producing in REAPER, they give you a really long unlimited trial and also if you're a student you get a MASSIVE student discount. You will need to get some VSTs though, but you can use free ones :)

Definitely not Dr Drum or Dub Turbo or anything else like that, they're notoriously s**t and scammy

Limited budget = Fruityloops
Fruityloops isn't called Fruityloops anymore since 1876. And the price will depend on what version you intend to buy. With all it's synths and sample packs, it can be pretty expensive. BUT, I second FL Studio. Easy to use, not a very high learning curve and can do anything that other DAWs can.

Honestly with Acid and Audacity you can do a lot of good stuff! A good reference would be checking out Rusko's Masterclass on youtube. If i recall he primarily used Acid back in his early days.

Back
Top Bottom