[Advice] Remote Collaborations?

Djashleyp

DJKomatose
Hi fellas,

I've been speaking to my mate who lives in Leeds, we both want to do some work together however there are a few obstacles in our way. I've never properly produced with another person so im not sure how well this will even work.

Firstly, he lives in Leeds and myself in Birmingham and travelling is not an option as I work away monday to friday (dont think the mrs would be too happy about me dissapearing to leeds most weekends). He produces on fruity whereas I'm a cubase man.

Has any of you had any experience doing cross platform collaborations? How did you get past these obstacles? is it a case of swapping audio files back and forth over AIM.

Any information would be great, it will also give me lots of experience ready for future collaboratiuons

Cheers!

Pretty much hit the nail on the head fella. If you're both on different DAW's the only way to collab is by rendering every step to audio, and then file transfer. I'd suggest you both get setup on Dropbox. That way you dont have to be online at the same time to file transfer. just setup a shared folder on dropbox, share it with him, then from there on in, every time you or him throw a file in that folder, the other can grab it whenever they like, dont have to click send or anything!

Back
Top Bottom