Advice on monitors

Rich Pitchshift

VIP Junglist
I'm looking to get a pair of monitors to use for the odd bit of production (just starting out) and for listening to music on. From what I've read in reviews the Audioengine A5+ fit that bill.

31yRkEe6R0L._SL500_.jpg

Has anyone used these? Can anyone recommend any monitors for what I'm looking for? Price range is anywhere between £200 - £350 mark.

I've heard surprsingly good words about Behringer Truths. Cant name the models though. Also Mackie should have some good monitors in that price range

not heard of that brand. best advice is always to listen to them in a shop though, go to Digital Village etc. most monitors in that range will be capable of a reasonably accurate reproduction, but it's about what suits you. i have tannoy reveals, they're nice and crisp but the listening fatigue is meant to be quite bad, and i do get fed up and rest my ears a lot. don't under estiamte the benefit of a little acoustic treatment, no matter how small, and MOPADS! best 20 quid you will ever spend.

most people end up with KRK's, well suited to electronic production as they're, well, loud and punchy. i didn't personally like the alesis mk1's.

for mega budget, i've yet to hear a bad review of the m-audio studiophiles, and they're only 90 quid o_O

M-Audio used to make absolutely shit monitors, but they've gotten way better with the BX5A and the BX8A

And the Alesis ones are relatively flat from my experience, mixes have translated fine on other systems.
They just have a reputation of dying after a year. (I'm curious if that'll happen here, rocking a set atm.)

M-Audio used to make absolutely shit monitors, but they've gotten way better with the BX5A and the BX8A

And the Alesis ones are relatively flat from my experience, mixes have translated fine on other systems.
They just have a reputation of dying after a year. (I'm curious if that'll happen here, rocking a set atm.)

yeh i found they translate well..that's why i like them. the last thing you need is monitors that "lie" to you.

I've heard that too..but i've had mine for 3 years + now with no problems.

Does anyone know about the ones I posted?

I've also been looking at some Adam A5x's (which are more than my initial price bracket).

Are the Alesis M1 Active MKII the best budget monitors?

I'll sell you 2 KRK RP8s and a 10s sub for £500

If not up your budget by £50 and get the Yamaha HS80s. Best monitors below half a K!

Suomessa rumpubasso kulttuuri on aivan liian vähästä, kaikkialla vaan kaupallista paskaa. :/ Ootkos ite kuinka duunannu musaa? Ja sori vaan OP jos liikaa offtopiccia :D

The Truth's and the KRK's are in similar prices brackets. If it were me, I'd lean towards the KRK's. You can demo them in a dedicated room at Digital Village Barnet.

Back
Top Bottom