advice on jump up bass

bassbadger

hi all can anyone tell me the best effects you can use on the lfo style basses to get them like g dub/ hazard / clipz / pleasure and also how to make the high pitched sound everyone seems to be using any help would be awesome thanks.

dont copy them man.
make your own bass. Make some sort of brand new vibrating bass wobble called a vobble or something
That's a perfect response to a such a question.
Create your own unique sound. That Taxman-Heisty sound is already played out. I like the vobble. Sounds german or something! hahaha

you dont necessarily need to use an lfo to get GDUB style "womp" noises

just get a nice sound using 2 oscilatiors and shorten the ADSR filter to
medium attack, short sustain and minimal release, play a few notes and hear the "whump" sound
fuck about with oscilators to make some jump up bass!

ok thanks i'll try it now. i have my own sound but everything i hear being played has either the high pitched scream or the lfo wobble so i thought it would be wise to learn how to do it, so then i can try and add to it

there is so much fun to be had with lfo's, i see why people discourage trying to sound like others. If you keep trying to make 1 specific noise that you've heard, you'll miss all the other cool sounds that you synthesize in the process, not to say that you shouldn't aspire to be able to synthesize specific sounds.

tigi

i understand that but ive figured it all out now its just the lfo sounds i find harder to control, where as the noisia bass style i find so much easier.

if you want a noisia style preset logikz pm me and ill send you 1. a sound engineer made me quite a few when i was building at his studio. did most my presets for me but tbh dont use most of them they are well dark

if you want a noisia style preset logikz pm me and ill send you 1. a sound engineer made me quite a few when i was building at his studio. did most my presets for me but tbh dont use most of them they are well dark

pm them to me because i can't make mine dark enough, even when i work with a reece

Anyone any ideas on how to make these style high pitched clipz/original sin/hazard style sounds? and also the growly jump up style bass? I know people will probably tell me not to copy but id just like some tips on making certain sounds, so then i can play from there, i cant seem to get anything out of the basic things in fruity loops. Thanks in advance for a reply

Learn to use distortion to its full potential, then you can create some wicked wobble sounds out of it, also try automatimg lfo speeds and blending two lfo's together, ive been doing this recently and got some very interesting sounds

ok so like find a bass sample, put it on 2 channels, make lfo settings on each 1 different, thn play em both together? that what people mean by layering yea?

you dont necessarily need to use an lfo to get GDUB style "womp" noises

just get a nice sound using 2 oscilatiors and shorten the ADSR filter to
medium attack, short sustain and minimal release, play a few notes and hear the "whump" sound
fuck about with oscilators to make some jump up bass!

Finally!!!

I was starting to think i was the only one doing this man! i use lfos a lot but not for this sound,

you have more control over your sound this way

Finally!!!

I was starting to think i was the only one doing this man! i use lfos a lot but not for this sound,

i use both with mine, get a rough sound with an lfo then use the evelope to shape it further

Finally!!!

isnt it, i think ppl like original sin use this method, you can just tell its not an LFO.

Back
Top Bottom