DnB Advice on how to improve this new track

I'm no expert so this is just my opinion. The drop wasn't very exciting for me and the drums sound quite static. It sounded better when the break came in so I would put the break in as soon as it drops. There are quite a few long areas where nothing much happens, the intro was quite long and so was the 2nd break-down so try shortening them a bit. I didn't feel much sub so try adding a sub bass which sits under the main bass playing the same notes. There may also be a little bit too much reverb on the main bass as it tends to sit back a little. Quite liked the spacey pads though, I think with some work on the bass and the drums it could be a nice track!

My opinion contrasts above slightly. I thought the intro was spot on. Good length, I really liked the filtered drums coming in. I do agree with the lack of a sub bass sitting "underneath" the drums, and also think it might be worth injecting a bit more "energy" into the beats as once it kicks in it seems to lack some punch. Was overall thinking it's a good track. :)

Back
Top Bottom