Advice on headphones

Laurouu

So I'm looking to replace some headphones that crapped out on me. Btw, don't buy the AKG 518DJ's they didn't last very long and started rattling pretty early on. The wiring is fucked on them and now it's always crackling and cutting out. So lame.

Anyway, that being said, I'm looking for a sweet replacement. I was pretty happy with those ones though, I'm not an audiofile or anything.

Ok so here's what i'm looking for:
- I want sealed headphones 'cause I'll be studying in public places
- Because of this, I need them to be relatively portable - I don't mind if they're on ear or over ear.
- They need to have poppin bass (obviously), I really like jungle so I need to be able to feel the soulful bass lines without the breaks being too over powering.
- They need to work with my iPhone with no amps
- They can't be in ear headphones, those bug me.
- I'm not a DJ so I won't be using them to mix anything, just listening.
- I'll prolly end up spending $150 (£90ish)

I've been looking at the Sennheiser HD25SP's or the Denon HP1000 'cause i've heard they're both great for dnb. I'm kinda leaning towards the Denon's 'cause they look comfy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

My advice is save up a couple more £££'s and get the HD25's,
They don't look anything special but they sound amazing.

Even Andy C/Hype e.t.c use them, i don't think you can get a better advert than that.

Hate to break it to you but if you've bought those I think you've bought some fakes.

Sony in particular are one of the most counterfieted manufacturers out there. There are sooo many fake Sony products on ebay, most coming from China. Look for guides on how to spot them. Some of them look amazingly real but have cheap parts meaning they sound a lot worse and tend to break quickly.

If you're buying Sony, buy from the UK from an authorised retailer or there is no guarantee you're getting the genuine product.

HD25's are the same to headphones as 1210's are to turntables, Only thing which is gay is the poxy 1.5 metre cable supplied with the standard ones, If I had a pound for every time Ive come close to dragging a mixer off the desk because I'd forgotten to take my headphones off I would be a millionaire, Get the long coiled cable, £40 seems a lot for a piece of cable however its cheaper than gettin your mixer fixed and better than having to remember to take them off everytime you wanna get another tune out of ur box

I have Denon hp-1000 ...they are best headphones for bass on earth. They go very low,5hz... people say that you cant hear that low,but these people needs more acid.Buy it,you will love them.Good quality and they are not that much heavy.Tried HD-25..they are good for djing,but are less loud,sounds less colorfull and bass is lacking infra freqencies.

Last edited:
I ended up going for the Denon AH D1001's. Mostly because i couldn't afford to get the sennheisers I wanted. I'm glad I got them though! Very very very nice sound for the price. I would DEFINITELY recommend them to a bass addict like me.

Thanks for all your help!

I have Denon hp-1000 ...they are best headphones for bass on earth. They go very low,5hz... people say that you cant hear that low,but these people needs more acid.Buy it,you will love them.Good quality and they are not that much heavy.Tried HD-25..they are good for djing,but are less loud,sounds less colorfull and bass is lacking infra freqencies.

Thats because you can't hear that low, even if you had extremely unusualy sensitive hearing the chance of hearing 5hz from the speakers in headphones is pretty slim.

20hz give or take a few hz is about the lowest our ears will hear, and even then anything around that sort of frequency wont have much value when it comes to music.

As for headphones, cant go far wrong with HD25's, or anything similar really.

Back
Top Bottom