Advice Needed....

detonate-dj

sexdrugs&rockinthedole
my stantons are starting to play up...on 1 of them the audio is ponly coming out of the left side, ive switched all the wires, carts etc. around and ive come to the conclusion that its the actual outputs on the back of the decks,

is it to risky to open it up and have a look myself? or shall i hold tight and get them seen to properly?

dunno about pulling them apart really! depends how good u r with electricals! if u have no idea what ur gonna do when u open it up then i wouldn't do it! personally id have a play around, make sure everythings as it should be, connections and what not, try a differnt channel on the mixer. failing that prob take it somewhere to be looked at!

i think that the connection has just come loose where it connects inside to the phono output, i have a rough idea what im doin if this is the case, it plays out the right side but only slightly, ive been fucking about with all the wires and everything for hours now and im pretty sure that its the output, cant really be doin with sending it any were, i live miles away from any dj related shop that would be able to fix it, and as i dnt drive it would be a nightmare to get it to 1 as they are pretty damn heavy lol

I had this before it was because of the headshell wasn't seating proper into the tone arm. worth trying mates set of headshells before taking it apart. (y)

yeah its not that, ive tried a spare set i have, its definately the right phono output on the back of them, really wanting to get this sorted, might go on the stanton forums and see if any1 has had this and if so did they fix themself, and maybe can walk me through it....cheers guys

i think that the connection has just come loose where it connects inside to the phono output,

Could be, more likely though its a wire inside the tonearm where the movement fatigues it.

Are these ST / STR8-150s (you said they're heavy lol)? If so you could try the Line Out and see if that makes a difference. If not they are simple to open up, I've opened a few up. The phono signal after leaving the tonearm goes to a preamp circuitboard, which could also be the problem.

Could be, more likely though its a wire inside the tonearm where the movement fatigues it.

Are these ST / STR8-150s (you said they're heavy lol)? If so you could try the Line Out and see if that makes a difference. If not they are simple to open up, I've opened a few up. The phono signal after leaving the tonearm goes to a preamp circuitboard, which could also be the problem.
yeah there str8150's, i use the line out on them any way

Back
Top Bottom