Advice Needed?

Badmarsh

Birmingham Crew
I'm going to start producing soon and am looking to get a laptop but I dont know where to start.I could use some advice on spec' the easiest prouction suite to learn with (preferably one that has everything I will need built in If ya get me)Also any guides or tutorials/sites that might be able to put me on the fast track to gettin' to gripz with it.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

You can get old of me at this address

junglist2008@hotmail.co.uk

Ta.

:fuckinpc::wtf:

i started on fruity loops and have worked my way onto reason. although i love reason i think fruity is easier to learn the basics on and get an understanding of how things work... plenty of tutorials on YouTube

i started on reason 3 now i use 4.
i found reason quite easy to get used 2

yeh same man im using reason 4 now, took me like a month to get good at, its all pretty layed out for you. To Be honest i found fruity loops a bit limited in terms of what you can do with the sound. But some ppl can use it quite well like if you reWire it or sumtin.
www.myspace.com/djsimm3r

Duo Core Processor T7200, 2 GHz - Strongly recommend Windows XP, Vista has given us problems with some applications
2++ GB RAM
100+++ GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
Separate video Card (not onbord) Helps overall scrolling capabilities performance etc..

See these links for a good example of a dell. ( you will have to download that image file had no other way of showing it)

http://bl110w.blu110.mail.live.com/mail/ScanAttachment.aspx?messageid=d6e21893-c0c9-49b4-8b39-e732438cacb6&bissafe=True&attindex=1&cp=20127&attdepth=1
http://bl110w.blu110.mail.live.com/mail/ApplicationMain_12.1.0069.1213.aspx?culture=en-CA&hash=3526385393#

I used FL in a while and in my opinion it's not so good as reason.

To Be honest i found fruity loops a bit limited in terms of what you can do with the sound. But some ppl can use it quite well like if you reWire it or sumtin.

:shake: fruity is the shit, theres so much you can do with it, if you think different then your using it the wrong way

i know a fella thats signed 'phoney' he just uses fruity loops,

still reason 3 was the shit to start with, so reason 4 must wicked im guessing .

ud fink reason 4s betta but i kinda prefer 3.
dunno y

i started on reason, cool ezy and fun to learn with, then went to logic.

yea my bro uses logic an i gonna go back college next year 2 do a music course on logic.
the sound on it is so crisp its well good.
shits on others lol

i fooled around with fl for a while, couldnt figure it out and then switched to reason 3, got reason 4 when it came out then i switched to cubase sx 3.0.. by far the best ive tryed!

by the way, just noticed you said u was thinking about getting a laptop.... for the same price you could get a desktop pc with alot better specs

laptops are made for portability not performance

Back
Top Bottom