advice needed on a track...

detonate-dj

sexdrugs&rockinthedole
ive got my first dnb track in the making and i cant get the grips of it really, i'm struggling to fill it if you get me...it sounds to flat. any tips? thanks in advance

heres a clip..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ymbjycfgjjo - old
http://www.mediafire.com/?mnmjnjtwmzn - new

i am prepared for an onslaught of critisism as its only my first attempt, but all comments will be taken on board

Last edited:
Posting a clip of the track would help...

It could be that the sub isnt big enough so that track doesn't carry enough weight...

It could be that the high end is a bit dull... in which case some bright hats and rides might help...

Lacking some high end, sounded a bit low passed. Didn't really like the bass for the drop, a bit flat, like you eq'ed the life out of it.
But if it's your first song, nice one.
Keep it up.

Lacking some high end, sounded a bit low passed. Didn't really like the bass for the drop, a bit flat, like you eq'ed the life out of it.
But if it's your first song, nice one.
Keep it up.
cheers for the feedback subprime, do you think the lack of high end is due to the bass? i only started doin this in february and dont really know alot about it, ive mainly been messing with vst's playing with different sounds, i'll update the clip at some point this evening if your on for checking again? and thanks..

from 0.50 onwards it aint that bad, but lacks some sub bass I think. Also, the Family Guy sample is pretty funny
thanks dafo, i tried adding some sub bass to it but it sounded odd i followed the main bass with the sub and it didnt sound to clever, i'm not to sure how i would get it to sit well

you got potential mate just keep at it (y) it sounds like you need to download some sample packs and shit

you got potential mate just keep at it (y) it sounds like you need to download some sample packs and shit
thanks m8, i have a few but not strictly drum and bass 1's. i did have a cm magazine disk with 4.5 gig of d'n'b samples but unfortunately ive lost it, and dnt think theres any way to get them agen. any sites you would advise me to check for decent free sample packs? cheers agen

lol 'HOLY CRAP ITS CHRIS!'

i definitely think there is a lot to be done here, i mean you should learn about compression and other dynamics within mastering and techniques. as much as i dislike the idea, there is a loudness war in this age, without common knowledge of modern mastering, your track will always sound quiet. you understand drum n bass though, that's a given and for an early piece it has potential.

the bassline is two quiet and not enough 35+ Hz in there. without compression and DC offset knowledge you might not be able to beef it up that much. i realised that in my early stages of productions.

KEEP AT IT THOUGH MAN!

lol 'HOLY CRAP ITS CHRIS!'

i definitely think there is a lot to be done here, i mean you should learn about compression and other dynamics within mastering and techniques. as much as i dislike the idea, there is a loudness war in this age, without common knowledge of modern mastering, your track will always sound quiet. you understand drum n bass though, that's a given and for an early piece it has potential.

the bassline is two quiet and not enough 35+ Hz in there. without compression and DC offset knowledge you might not be able to beef it up that much. i realised that in my early stages of productions.

KEEP AT IT THOUGH MAN!
cheers fella, i have only spent roughly 2-3 hours on this but plan to get stuck into it properly, i wanted to get an idea of what i was doin with it eg. structure, basic sounds etc before i crack on with it, I bought a book about mastering the other week but havent really looked at it yet, i have some, yet very little knowledge on compression and i can only learn, thanks for the feedback...every little helps :)

Back
Top Bottom