Advice needed for buying Monitors

Nutek

movement junglist
VIP Junglist
Right, the price in mind is £150 or less.. what the fuck shall I buy? Alesis M1's look pretty tasty, but that's just literally looks! Can soembody please fill me in with the stuff I really need to know?

Help will be very much appreciated!

:/ I have a beat of a monitor, couple thousand or something. I don't even remember what you could be able to buy with 320$ or so.

Check Viso or HP w2408h.

(Yes I am a bit rich, my dad owns at inventing. He's got a self healing device on sale if anyone is interested hehe)

The Grid dogs have been goodmouthing dynaudio monitors. They're way steep though, 500€ a piece...

I have those alesis m1 mkII's but i'm not quite impressed. I'd have to check back after putting some detail into acoustic treatments though. Acoustics is anyway much more important - in the sub 300€ a piece monitor class its just a question of taste which brand or model to go for. Take your favourite track with you on a trip to the local dealer and listen for yourself!

It's really amazing how people buy expensive studio grade monitors and pay no attention at all to acoustics.

agreed on the sound treatment, anyone should sort it out the same time as buying monitors.
as far as the Alesis, i believe that they are the most justifiable monitors a hobbyist should buy. Nothing touches them at their price range, and the next step imo comes at around £600 for a pair of A7, or dynaudio 6's.
but i would never advice anyone not making any sort of money from writing music to invest in more expensive monitors than the Alesis. Tons of big names used just these for their first hits. "Vault" was produced on a pair of really bad behringer speakers...

cheers for the advice, yeah that's true, as long as the quality is fairly good, i'l probably go for alesis then.

alesis mk2 m1 actives are awesome entry level monitors but id like to mention the power supply is placed too close to the amp, causing the amp to over heat and the speaker to die eventually. its a design flaw, to fix it you must contact alesis, they send you the part and you have to install it yourself, or so im told at least, mines dying on me you see

alesis mk2 m1 actives are awesome entry level monitors but id like to mention the power supply is placed too close to the amp, causing the amp to over heat and the speaker to die eventually. its a design flaw, to fix it you must contact alesis, they send you the part and you have to install it yourself, or so im told at least, mines dying on me you see

is the part free? and what part fixes that :lol:

ALESIS M1 mkII FFS!!! :teeth:ALESIS M1 mkII FFS!!! :teeth:ALESIS M1 mkII FFS!!! :teeth:ALESIS M1 mkII FFS!!! :teeth:ALESIS M1 mkII FFS!!! :teeth:ALESIS M1 mkII FFS!!! :teeth:ALESIS M1 mkII FFS!!! :teeth:ALESIS M1 mkII FFS!!! :teeth:ALESIS M1 mkII FFS!!! :teeth:ALESIS M1 mkII FFS!!! :teeth:ALESIS M1 mkII FFS!!! :teeth:ALESIS M1 mkII FFS!!! :teeth:ALESIS M1 mkII FFS!!! :teeth:ALESIS M1 mkII FFS!!! :teeth:ALESIS M1 mkII FFS!!! :teeth:ALESIS M1 mkII FFS!!! :teeth:

fuck it i might just do it.. theres no point buying a few bob cheaper when i can just get these for like £220..

Back
Top Bottom