Advice Needed: Begginers CD deck for under £300?

tobybrown1988

:)Hey all, im looking to buy a CD deck. Never done any DJ-ing before, so im a begginer, but at the same time I dont want to be limited in the model that I chose. That said, what is the best model for around £300 max? (i.e. x 2 = £500/600):

KAM KCD400 MP3
Gemini CDJ-600
Numark NDX800
Stanton C324
Vestax CDX 05

Also, can I combine 2 different models? Is this advisable?

Cheers for your time.:)

I can't comment on most of these, but what I can say is that I've used the NDX 800 and have an NDX 400 myself. Both of which are pretty decent for the money. To be honest, the only differences are the fact that the 800 has effects, a few more features and it's a lot bigger! I went for the NDX 400 which I got for £170 off whybuynew just because I couldn't really see why the NDX 800 was £100 more.

Also I wouldn't advise getting 2 different models, you're probably going to be better off with 2 of the same. It may make you able to adapt to playing on different set ups better, but at this stage I don't think that really matters.

All this said, buy some Technics and get on the vinyl! :teeth:

If I was going to get vinyl I would probably get final scratch with it so I can use mp3s as dont fancy forking out the cash on records. Would proper decks be cheaper? Do I need a mixer with CD decks?

Cheers for the advice, but any more would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom