Advice and help please

Tidy_Boy

Went to this new night up here in Cardiff last night called Breakage, had twisted and Bassline Smith playing on its debut night. It was a very weird night, didnt get there til about 12, and Bassline was halfway through his set and there were possibly only 20 people on the dancefloor, worried me a bit as no one really came in after. I want to see this night turn into a success because I want a stronger DnB scene in Cardiff, and this night has potential really weird club. but the venue is about 2 miles outside the city centre and having spent too much money on taxis last night, something extreme has to be done to turn this night around.
Any ideas? Being a student and the seeng the growth of Dnb in the last 2 or 3 years I suggested getting some sort of tie up with the uni dance society with like buses to the venue as I reckon this would pull in a minimum of 20 people.

Completely understand, it's not nice seeing a potentially good night empty / suffering.

Thing is, choice of venue is so very important, and if people have to travel miles out of town, it had better be good.

You should speak to the promoters, and tell them your ideas. But it's really up to them to put the effort in and make it work.

You've no idea how much time and effort Mr Skope puts in, at a day to day level, to make BREAKNECK go off.

(Backed up by a lot of effort and support from a lot of unsung heroes).

We're talking whole life / every waking hour, here.

:slayer:

have muchos respect for O and his team or soldiers, if anyone deserves a successful night that boyo does. Spoke to the promoter about my ideas, he is too casual about the whole night, I have big ideas, but at the end of the day when you are student like me, my 3rd year will be important so it would be a case of someone else implementing my ideas, and then see what happens when i graduate

Originally posted by Tidy_Boy
have muchos respect for O and his team or soldiers, if anyone deserves a successful night that boyo does. Spoke to the promoter about my ideas, he is too casual about the whole night, I have big ideas, but at the end of the day when you are student like me, my 3rd year will be important so it would be a case of someone else implementing my ideas, and then see what happens when i graduate

I tell thee, as a Uni student, that's a great place to start promotin. You've (typically) got cheap venues available, a ready made crowd for it, and should be able to get some kinda backing from the Union / events people.

No one's gonna give that level of support to a new night / new promoter out in the real world.

Think about it, 1 medium to big name headliner, and the rest friends and local talent, in a Student Union venue and you've got yourself a (minimum risk) night for a few hundred squid.

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by GorDo
sadly , even that aint enuff some times :rolleyes:

True, I know plenty broke ex-promoters.

I'm just saying believe in your ideas, and look at what resources (and people), you've got around you that can help you out.

:)

Originally posted by D BREAKNECK
You've no idea how much time and effort Mr Skope puts in, at a day to day level, to make BREAKNECK go off.

is that owain i always see driving around pompy in a dodgy green car with the big breakneck signs on top????

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom