Admiral car insurance question...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by hyperd4eva, Apr 10, 2012.

1. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

anyone use these guys?

Currently i am paying £93 per month to insure a 1.8 honda accord! thought this was a bit steep considering im 25 and have 7 years no claims. so re ran another quote and got another quote from ADMIRAL for 500 quid a year! resulting in about 40 quid per month? are they entitled to put this down as they are charging me double what they are offering!? help!

2. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

new customers get good deal.

ask them to lower to new quote, or u'll move to another company.

3. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

Admiral are a pain in the ass backwards bunch of idiots when it comes to this.

Cancel the policy and take out a new one with the cheaper quote.. that's what i did

My story.

So ive been with Admiral for a year, then at the end of the policy i get my renewal notice and my premium had increased by £700. Considering i have had no claims ever, 1 years more driving experience and another years no claims% gained, i found this quite puzzling. So i went online, got a quote, and hey presto, the quote was £100 less than what id paid the year before which i would expect.

so i call admiral, get some right dimlo on the phone who is completely unable to explain to me how they justify an increase of £700, however he was also unable to lower my renewal price as it was apparently the lowest it would go. So i show them the quote i got online, and they still said they couldnt do anything about it. So, i cancelled the policy, took out the quote online instead and bobs ur uncle. cheaper insurance

4. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Jesus! Thats what they say i gotta do! Literally only got a month or so left so be stuped to lose the no claims. Going to move insurers once iv cancelled! I heard they were really good hence moving to them!

5. Freek

You shouldnt loose your no claims mate, you're not cancelling the policy, you're cancelling the renewal, which means you've still completed your one year policy and still entitled to your +1years NCD.

Also when u take out the new quote with admiral, make sure you put the correct number of no claims discount, then when they ask for proof, just ring em up and ask them to cross reference your old policy with the new one and it should all be sorted.

6. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

ok mate nice one... i mean if i cancel now rather than wait till next month then id lose the no claims! its all such fuckin bullshit!!!!!!!!

7. Freek

Nah man, if u call and cancell the renewal (not the policy) you can do that now, it means the policy will just continue to run until the end of its year then finish.

You could even sort out and accept the new quote now aswell with it ready to start the day your other policy ends...

8. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Ahhh fair play dude will do that then, funny how they dont explain this shit to ya isnt it!

9. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

i work for a car insurance company.

the company i work for, their rates are based on live insurance statistics, meaning prices can vary on a day to day - hour to hour basis, altho we guarantee any quotes for 24 hours.

If you take out a policy today for £300 a year, and you agree to buy it, purchase it and get your documents then thats your policy. If you go the next day and find the same policy for £100 less. Than that is fair, according to the FSA, as you agreed to take the policy the day before at the higher price.

Our best price is our online price.

Yes its VERY FUN when trying to explain this one to the complaining customers.

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

oh and we dont price match

10. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Sounds a bit like playing higher or lower on the fruit machines Greddie. Also insurance stats dont strike me as very 'live'. Where's the data coming from?

11. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

Doesn't rocksteady work for an insurance company?

12. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

dunno really.

normally the price change isnt that noticeable, but sometimes its rather large. Also, a lot of the time its not actually different, its just the customer has entered slightly different details to their new quote than was on their pre-existing policy.

..... i hate my job

13. DJ_NoZ

DJ_NoZ Rum & Ass

I've worked in Insurance for a few years now and, to be honest, it doesn't make all that much more sense now than it did when I first started.

Online prices are always better, most companies will make a loss just to get your business and then next year your price will be ridiculous. If you make any changes during the year you'll probably get stung as well. So if you make yourself a new customer each year you're always gonna get the best deal. It's pretty rare nowadays to get a cheaper renewal premium than the previous year.

Also, this.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  14. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

good advice that!
    works with my company

and the admin fees. if you left ur policy untouched all year it would be cheap, as soon as u start to make changes or give false information re: claims/convictions/ncb etc, thats when the policy starts jumping up in price.

15. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Its a pain in the arse. Thinkin about just getting some bauer turbos and having done with it!

16. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

bingo! NEVER auto-renew

also, if it makes you feel better... my car is insured with adrian flux who broker that insurance from LV, who then broker that from Highway... I'm trying to make a claim and get my money for my car that got stolen but im having to deal with 3 FUCKING COMPANIES, shits long yo

---------- Post added at 10:26 ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 ----------

just because thats the way its done, dosnt mean its the way it should be done! i FUCKING HATE car insurance companies (and the people who work there :teeth:)

17. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

SECONDED!

18. Freek

Oi! :teeth:

19. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Apart from you Freek! but i prefer your pursuit in music than your career in insurance!

20. Freek

Dear god i swear i have no intention of having a permanent "career" in insurance, the fact that you refered to it as a career sends serious shivers down my spine haha! just to pay the bills :)