Adjusting BPM

djpeach

Original Nuttah
Hi all,

I am by no means a producer, but there are a few tracks that i would like to adjust the tempo. Some quite dramatically ( 160bpm to 120bpm).

What is the best simple program to use without losing any quality?

I would just use the CDJ wide mode, but it seems to massively lose quality after -16% on serato.

Thanks

Are you trying to stretch mp3 or wav files?
Wav will give you the best result, but making such radical adjustments to the bpm WILL fuck the sound quality out of the window, especially if you try and keep the same pitch.

I used to use Ableton Live

I got ableton a while ago, absolute amateur though... any ideas how to do this?

Are you trying to stretch mp3 or wav files?
Wav will give you the best result, but making such radical adjustments to the bpm WILL fuck the sound quality out of the window, especially if you try and keep the same pitch.

mostly mp3 files, may have to just buy the wav version of the individual tracks.. and yes i want to keep the same pitch.
Dropping jungle in a house set?

That and also slowing down house/dubstep to moombahton... neva soft ( redlight remix) is what i am trying to do at the moment, hopefully can figure out a way before tomorrow night

I got ableton a while ago, absolute amateur though... any ideas how to do this?

Warping is your friend. Setup a session with the same bpm as the original file. Import and select the track. Then warp with warp markers. The ableton help files will tell you everything you need to know and explain it much better than myself.

That and also slowing down house/dubstep to moombahton... neva soft ( redlight remix) is what i am trying to do at the moment, hopefully can figure out a way before tomorrow night

Are you using these for transitions to new bpms? Instead of warping the whole lot which will degrade sound quality progressively why dont you just warp the intro/outro? Theres less audio to damage there ;)

Back
Top Bottom