Adjectives people use to describe DnB tunes.

Exxcessivve

Dawn Wall
VIP Junglist
Discuss words used by people to describe dnb tracks. Like what does "roller" even mean?
And "bosh"?
Maybe I don't understand these words because I'm from Australia, but it's pretty weird seeing someone comparing a song they like to a dogs ballsack hahahha.

Skankandbass is a huge culprit ;)

AE

damn bogans.

wtf is bosh? like bish n bash? thats not dnb. thats the magic roundabout!

a roller is a tune that rolls out. ? its not skankin. its not dutty. its rollin.

bless.

- - - Updated - - -

like paradox don't roll.

but d-bridge. he rolls.

It doesn't really matter what the ppl are saying exactly, its just a way to show they are excited about the given tune and often they are impulsive about it and write/say the first thing on their mind. For example when someone says a tune is "the shit" you don;t really think he means that the tune is literally shit do you?
As for the roller, stepper etc terms, they are pretty self explainatory imo & there has been 213921831 threads in which people argue to no end which is which.
Basically don't expect an accurate description of a tune from someone who writes "BOHHH!!!" while pulling a huge bassface right after hearing the drop. The magazine reviews are for that imo(but then again i dont really think those are needed at all, so its just my 2p). :coffee:

dirty like a wah - this one's dirty like wahhhhhhhh
stinking rave-a - he's been dancing all night so he's stinking his b.o around the dance
buss one in di air - the tune makes him throw his hands in the air
MIDDLE FINGA - like a handshake with the dj, but he's too far away so a middle finger will do

inna corner - when you're pranging out through too much drugs
very very dark - the track is dark and making you think darkly
alan shearer - the greater striker the premier league has ever seen
'ima wanka - ima wanka doe

also:
mr. kipling is a very good baker or so i've heard - the dj is a good selector and has many tunes he can draw for.

Surely a roller is obvious, though it's a little hard to put into words... anything that rolls just keeps going round and round right, like repeating itself over and over? So in a dnb sense, a roller is a tune where the beat and bassline keeps going with the same pattern, with nothing 'stopping' them, or nothing cutting the tune up. Kind of like there's no place where you could say the beat starts over.

It's a bit more complex than that and maybe people can add to it but it is hard to explain.

Whatever word I use to describe tunes doesn't necessarily have to make sense. In fact, it's best if it makes no sense.

Wayne Contakt can back me up on this. Just a few of my faves:

Humunnaaaaaaa bosh.
This one is a proper sack rumbler.
Hugh Hefty would approve.
Victoria Vibleton
Boshington central
Boshington stanley
BIGGER THAN CARA DELEVIGNE'S EYEBROWS
Vibington
Henchington stanley
Hefty blow to the nether regions
Hefty bosh off
Strong punch to the groin
Fenton
Absolutely heinous
Big spanker
Stompington stanley
Gull off
Gullington
Blessington bigley

Label marketing blurbs always get me. Penetrating sub-bass swirls into a cortex-quaking half step rhythm as synth shrieks erupt in the foreground of the A-side, 'Dominion,' shortly followed by blah blah blah. \m/

Without such adjectives there would surely be no way to translate some of the noises and expressions (I'm sure we all make) when Break reels off a weighty one... pure feeling peeps.

Whatever word I use to describe tunes doesn't necessarily have to make sense. In fact, it's best if it makes no sense.

Wayne Contakt can back me up on this. Just a few of my faves:

Humunnaaaaaaa bosh.
This one is a proper sack rumbler.
Hugh Hefty would approve.
Victoria Vibleton
Boshington central
Boshington stanley
BIGGER THAN CARA DELEVIGNE'S EYEBROWS
Vibington
Henchington stanley
Hefty blow to the nether regions
Hefty bosh off
Strong punch to the groin
Fenton
Absolutely heinous
Big spanker
Stompington stanley
Gull off
Gullington
Blessington bigley

Full backing is given to this ard bodied lexicon from the man like Skankandboshington

Sack rumbler is the percy for 2014

Also... "Man down. Just took a gully hit to the chest."

Back
Top Bottom